Photo: Pol Enrich Juanola
The Government of the Faculty of Communication Sciences is structured in the following bodies:
The Board of Faculty is the collegiate body of the Government of the Faculty and is made up of representatives of the academic staff, the students and the administration and services staff of all the degrees and degrees taught at the Faculty . The Board will be composed of 70 members, including the members.
The Dean's Team exercises the functions of management and ordinary management of the Faculty and has the representation being responsible for establishing the political lines of action of the center. Currently, it is made up of six professors and professors, one of whom is the dean, who is chosen by the Board of Faculty. Its mandate lasts for three years.
The Faculty has an administrator of the Center, which is in charge of the management of the administration and services staff. At the same time, it is responsible for ensuring the proper functioning of the facilities and services. The Center's Administration is in charge of Academic Management, Economic Management, Logistics Support and Information Point, teaching laboratories, departmental supports and the Library and General Newspaper Library.
The regulation that regulates the organization, composition and specific functions of the Faculty of Communication Sciences and their governing bodies can be consulted here: Regulation
Dean: Dr. Enric Marín i Otto (Medios, Comunicación y Cultura)
Secretary and Vice-dean of COMTEC, TFE and Laboratories: Dra. Montse Bonet Bagant (Comunicación Audiovisual y Publicidad)
Vice-dean of Quality: Dr. Josep Àngel Guimerà Orts (Comunicación Audiovisual y Publicidad)
Vice-dean of Teaching, Teaching Staff and Students: Dra. Núria Simelio Solà (Periodisme i Ciències de la Comunicació)
Vice-dean of Academic regulations: Dra. Ana Maria Enrique Jiménez (Publicitat, Relacions Públiques i Comunicació Audiovisual)
Organization Dean's team ( in catalan)
In accordance with article 15 of the Statutes of the UAB, corresponds to the Faculty:
- Prepare and revise their study plans, in accordance with the guidelines of the governing bodies of the University.
- Prepare proposals for the creation of new degrees and new lessons, and collaborate in the organization of postgraduate activities and continuing education.
- Organize, coordinate and supervise teaching activities, especially the functioning of the teachings taught therein and the fulfillment of teachers' teaching obligations.
- Organize, coordinate and supervise the management of services that are your competence.
- Propose reasoned modifications to the employment relationship of the administration and services staff of the Faculty, in the terms set forth in Title III of the Statutes of the UAB.
- Manage your budget and the personal and material resources you have assigned.
- Establish relationships between departments and other faculties or schools in order to ensure the coordination of teaching and the rationalization of academic and administrative management.
- Formulate to the departments suggestions on the application and development of the curricula.
- To propose to the Governing Council, for reasons of teaching efficiency, the creation of sections that coordinate the lessons aimed at obtaining one or several degrees.
- To issue academic certificates, manage the processes of enrollment, transfer of files, validation, and carry out other processes of academic management.
- Participate in the processes of quality assessment and promote the improvement of the quality of teaching activities.
- Promote cultural, educational and university extension activities.
- To serve as a channel for information, representation and participation of members of the university community in the government of the University and in the relationship between the University and society.
- To propose to the governing bodies the formalization of agreements with other institutions.
- Exercise any other function that the Statutes or the regulations of the University attribute to him.
The governing bodies of the Faculty of Communication Sciences are:
a) With a collegiate character:
• The Board of Faculty is the collegiate body of the Government of the Faculty and is made up of representatives of the academic staff, the students and the administration and services staff of all the courses and degrees taught at the Faculty. Faculty. The Board will be composed of 70 members, including the members.
• The permanent commissions: they are permanent commissions of the Faculty, apart from those that can be created in accordance with article 9 of this regulation, the Committee on Academic Affairs, the Committee on Economy and Services and the Commission of Master's Degree In all three committees, all the groups of the Faculty must be represented, there will be parity in the composition of the teaching staff and the students. The committees alternate with the powers of an executive nature with powers of an advisory nature, in accordance with the specific area of action set forth below for each one. The permanent commissions must meet at least twice each school semester.
• The Committee on Academic Affairs is responsible for preparing, debating and proposing any matter related to teaching, academic planning and studies, and also to agree or resolve the issues established in the Regulations of the Faculty.
• The Commission of Economy and Services is in charge of preparing, debating and proposing any matter related to the economic activity, services, infrastructures and equipment of the Faculty, as well as agreeing or resolving the issues established in the Regulations of the Faculty.
• The Master's Committee will be composed and will have the powers established by the current regulations of the UAB in this area.
• The Dean's team, attended by the dean or dean in the exercise of their functions, is made up of the dean or dean, the secretary or secretary and the vice-deans.
• The Electoral Board consists of five members and their respective alternates. The secretary or secretary of the Faculty - who is a national member -, a civil servant or lecturer, a contracted lecturer, a student, and a member of the administration and services staff, chosen by means of a raffle that takes place each two years The president of the Electoral Board is the secretary of the Faculty
• The Student Council is made up of the course delegates and / or groups plus the representatives of the students at the Board of Faculty and the Faculty. At the beginning of each academic year, the Deputy Chancellor in charge of the follow-up of the teaching and the coordinators of studies of degree must carry out the process of election of the delegates of course and / or groups of each one of the degrees of degree . Every year, the Dean has to collaborate in the construction of the coordination body, he must show the tasks and rights that they obtain as representatives and, if appropriate, agree the joint work agenda of the Student Council ( Coordinating Organizing Committee, OCA)
b) Unipersonal nature:
- the dean or the dean, the secretary or secretary and the vice deans. - the study coordinators. - the teaching coordinators.
To get in touch with the Dean of the Faculty:
Secretary of the Dean: Cristina Vila Arche
Dean's Telephone: 93 581 1945