Minor in Translation and Interpreting
AdmissionTo enrol in a minor students must have passed a minimum of 90 ECTS credits of the degree they are taking at that moment. Before enrolling, students must have an interview with the coordinator of the minor, in order to choose the subjects that best suit their profile, expectations and priorities. They must also show they have the required language level, either through an interview or by presenting language certificates. It is necessary to have a native or near-native speaker level of Spanish or Catalan and a level of B2 or C1 in French or German on the scale of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Admission criteriaAdmission and enrolment on the minor are subject to the regulations of the UAB. If demand is greater than places available, the criterion to be applied is the global average grade of students' academic transcripts.
Process and calendar
Admission and enrolment on the minor are subject to the regulations of the UAB. If demand is greater than places available, the criterion to be applied is the global average grade of students' academic transcripts.
Academic Administration Office (Gestió Acadèmica) - Faculty of Translation and Interpreting
Ordinary Pre-enrolment calendar:
- Pre-enrolment: from 2/03/2021 to 18/03/2021, via web (sia.uab.es)
- Presentation of documentation: the deadline is 26/04/2021
- Publication of list of admitted and interviews schedule if it is needed: from 14/04/2021 to 20/04/2021
- Deadline of the resolution: 05/05/2021
Extraordinary Pre-enrolment Calendar:
- Pre-enrolment: from 12/07/2021 to 16/07/2021, via web (sia.uab.es)
- Presentation of documentation: the deadline is 30/07/2021
- Publication of list of admitted and interviews schedule if it is needed: 30/07/3021
- Deadline of the resolution: 06/09/2021
EnrolmentAt the Academic Administration Office of the centre where the student is enrolled in his/her undergraduate programme.
If the student is admitted to the Minor before enrolling in their undergraduate degree, s/he will be able to enrol in all the courses following the usual enrolment process established at their centre. However, if students are admitted to the Minor after having enrolled in their undergraduate degree, they must inform the Academic Administration Office of their centre of the changes. In this case, no extra fees will be charged for the modifications made.
Department of Translation and Interpretation & East Asian Studies