Modifying or cancelling enrolment

1.The management of the centre can authorise the total or partial cancellation of enrolment, provided that the application is submitted within the deadlines  in the  academic- administrative calendars for  Bachelor's and Master's degree courees.

In the case of Lifelong Learning studies, the deadline coincides with the enrolment period.

In exceptional cases, cancellation of enrolment may be requested after the established deadline.

2.Once the cancellation of the enrolment has been granted, it is immediately applied to the academic transcript, and is given the same consideration as if the student had not enrolled. Cancellation of the enrolment cannot be reversed under any circumstances.

The total cancellation of an  enrolment is equivalent to having enrolled for the purposes of calculating the number of years established by the UAB regime of continuity . Study years are counted from the first enrolment, whether or not any subject is taken during one academic year.

3.Students of FUAB degrees are only entitled to a refund fees for the provision of university academic services if:

a) For reasons not attributable to them, the activity is not carried out or the service is not provided.

b) In undergraduate studies, the University Access Guidance Office (OOAU) has awarded the student another place at a public university as a result of a reallocation of places within the pre-enrolment process, and the student has requested the cancellation within the period established in the academic-administrative calendar.

c) The students presents documentation showing that a serious illness, accident or other exceptional circumstances mean that the student is unable to follow the course.

In case a) 100% of the fees will be refunded. In case b) the registration fee (€160) is retained. In case c) the refund will be made according to the conditions established in the section Refund Policy

In order to process the cancellation of the fees, the student must be up to date with payments for the course. If the outstanding fees are not settled, the student is  considered to have an outstanding debt  and will not be able to apply for any official document or re-enrol in any course offered by the school until the debt is settled.

In the case of MU and lifelong learning courses, failure to pay fees by the deadline will result in the automatic cancellation of the enrolment. Enrolment can be reactivated if the debt is fully paid.

Once the cancellation of the enrolment has been approved the refund will be made with the following deductions depending on when the application is submitted:

  1. Application submitted before the start of the course: registration fee (160€)
  2. Application submitted after the start of the course: 10% of tuition fee

After the period established in the academic-administrative calendar, the Centre will only accept applications for cancellation of enrolment due to serious illness, accident or other exceptional circumstance, duly justified, mean that the student is unable to follow the course. If the cancellation is authorised, 20% of the total fee will be retained, plus the proportional part of the total amount of the fees corresponding to the period of the course that has elapsed.

You may apply for a registration modification in order to change groups, cancelling and/or adding new subjects within the period established in the academic and administrative calendar.

To do so, you will have to pay the current fee set by the center, within the period assigned for these purposes in the academic calendar.

Modification periods:

-During the first period, you will be able to make modifications on first, second term and annual subjects.
-During the second period, you will only be able to request changes in second term subjects. Exceptionally, annual subjects’ modifications could be authorized.

Enrolment modification application


-If you need to modify your registration, you cannot have any payment defaults. Applications for a registration modification will not be accepted under any circumstances if the student has any overdue payment.
-In addition to the registration modification fee, you will have to pay the amount resulting from the increase in registered credits.
-The amount of the registration modification must be paid in a single payment.
You will not have to pay the established fee in the following cases:
- When the registration modifications are made in an exchange program, as long as you make them on the 6 weeks following your start in the other university.
- When the modifications are due to the registration calendar of your faculty or school (such as the final project, work placement, research projects, etc.).
- When the modification is due to new subjects offered by the University after the registration period.
- When the modifications are attributable to the University.

Bear in mind
- Once your registration modification or cancelation has been made, it will be included in your academic record and you will not be able to renounce to it.
- To cancel core or mandatory subjects you have not passed, you will need to cancel also the new subjects you have enrolled in.