Access by validation of studies
People with partial or total foreign studies without homologation or equivalence of their degrees in Spain, can apply for access to the degree by validation of foreign studies, more information from the UAB in the following link
Access to Bachelor’s Degree studies through Change of Foreign Studies
|Bachelor’s Degree||Available places 24/25|
|Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism||10|
|Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism - English||6|
|Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management||9|
CALENDAR OF PROCEDURES
- Access application: from February 26 to April 5, 2024
- Publication of the admissions resolution: June 19, 2024
- Extraordinary period for submitting applications: until September 2, 2024
- Publication of the admissions resolution: September 30, 2024
Who can apply for admission to a Bachelor's Degree study at the UAB through this method:
Students that have already started official university studies in a foreign country. Also students that have finished official university studies in a foreign country but have not obtained the homologation or equivalence in Spain.
- Students with thirty or more credits recognized may apply for admission.
- For the purposes of evaluating the previous studies for the recognition of credits, the academic results obtained up to the date of the deadline for submitting the application for admission will be taken into account.
- It will not be possible to access this way if a student in their previous studies have subjects enrolled and not passed for the third or successive time.
- Also, it will not be possible to access this way if a student, at the end of the credit recognition process, have 75% or more of the total number of credits of the degree they wish to access recognized.
Mandatory documentation for the application:
- Photocopy, certified or accompanied by the original, of the DNI, NIE or passport.
- Academic Transcript.
- Programs of the subjects studied, with the seal of the university of origin.
- Study Plan of the previous studies.
- Qualification system of the university of origin.
- Declaration of equivalence of average grades of university studies carried out in foreign centers
- Any other document that the student deems appropriate.
- Documentation of foreign studies must be official, issued by the competent authorities, and must be legalized through diplomatic channels, according to the provisions established by the competent bodies, except documentation from member countries of the European Union. The documentation must meet the translation requirements established in current regulations
All attached documentation must comply with the translation and legalization requirements established in the current regulations.
The application to change studies must be made through our website, applications through e-mail will not be accepted.
In each application only one study can be included. It must be accompanied by the corresponding documentation that you can attach in the same website.
Review and ordering of applications
- The admission process is carried out in accordance with the principles of equality, merit and ability.
- Applications from students who do not meet the mandatory requirements stablished in the article 24 of the Academic regulations of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona Will be denied.
- Eligible applications will be ranked according to the following criteria:
- First, students from studies related to the branch of knowledge of the new studies requested.
- Second, students from studies not related to the branch of knowledge of the new studies requested.
- Within each group, applications will be ordered according to the following criteria:
- The average grade of the recognized credits will be calculated, in accordance with the procedure established in Annex III of the Academic Regulations of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
- The average mark obtained may be weighted with the university entrance examination qualification, in accordance with the procedure established in Annex IV of the Academic Regulations of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
- The allocation of places will be made in accordance with the quality of the academic transcript and verifying, also, that the student meets the access requirements.
- In the event that any admitted student does not formalize their enrollment within the established period, it may be considered that they have renounced their application and their place may be reassigned to another applicant.