Before your arrival


Your home university has to nominate you according to the exchange agreement, the available spots and study area signed with UAB.

If you want to come to UAB during the First semester or the Full year, your nomination should be received the 15th of May at the latest. To come during the Second semester, your nomination should be received the 1st of November at the latest.

You need to submit our online exchange application at (Mobility and Exchange\ INcoming students - Signing  up and application form). You should fill out the application with the same information we received in the nomination and within the following application periods:

  • First semester or full year:  from the 15th of February to the 15th of May  (starting in September)
  • Second semester: from the 15th of September to the 15th of November (starting in February)

It is VERY IMPORTANT to enter the number of your national ID, or your passaport number only in case you hold a non-EU nationality. Please note that you will not be able to change this number after the registration process.

The students accepted will receive by e-mail an admission letter and a document containing useful information for their future stay at UAB. This process can take some weeks or months, depending on the date you filled out the application and other specificities of the nomination.

Permanent admission is conditional on the approval of the Learning Agreement by the Faculty the student is going to be enrolled at.

All incoming students are responsible for having a valid insurance covering the duration of their stay, including travel to and from Spain.
Fact Sheet 2024/25

Once you receive your acceptance letter, you will be required to fill your provisional learning agreement. To fill this document, you can check the website in order to find the suitable subjects for you. This is a provisional document, final subjects selection will be done once you arrive at UAB when you will be able to check the level of the courses, the availability…

All courses have a limited number of vacancies available, therefore we cannot assure your registration in the pre-accepted chosen courses. In this case, you may change them at your arrival at UAB, according to the recommendations of UAB's coordinator.

The course schedule is fixed during July and there is no possibility to change the semester of the courses. Furthermore, the exams are also established in January and June. In case you have to leave earlier, you can try to agree it with the professor, but it is only accepted under very exceptional situations.
You should send the Learning Agreement to our Exchange Office at the following deadline:

  • Before 15th July for incoming students at 1st semester or the whole year
  • 15th December for incoming students at 2nd semester

At the moment our system is not fully connected to the EWP network. During this phase, incoming students must send their Learning Agreement by email to our Exchange Office for approval.

As an exchange student you can choose among the following courses.

  • Catalan is the majority working language in classroom; however there are some subjects taught in Spanish.
  • Group 71 is taught in English language
  • the list is sorted by semesters, you should choose courses according to the term during which you are coming, first or second.
  • Exchange students can only enrol  annual subjects if they are coming for the whole year.
  • You should check the language, credits, timetable and group of each course. Keep in mind that one course could have more than one possible group, that is, more than one possible timetable. Choose the most suitable for you.
  • Some courses have limited spaces available. Students may have to make changes to their original courses choice due to limited spaces, a course nomlonger being available, timetable clashes, etc. for this reason, students are advised to have alternative choices available.
  • Requirements for placements in schools or kindergartens: law requires a certificate of good conduct or criminal record from the police (home country). If you have already handed in your Certificate of Good Conduct to your home institution then you only need a document from your university confirming that the university have received it and that there is "No entries" in the certificate. The certificate must not be older than 3 months at the time of your arrival.
  • M.A  and PhD. degree programme classes cannot be taken by incoming undergraduate exchange Students
  • Courses from other faculties:

    You may also be interested in taking courses from other faculties at UAB. In order to get information about their courses you should check the other faculties’ website or contact them directly. Each Faculty at UAB has its own process and different from us.
    The Faculty of Education cannot guarantee the access to the courses from other faculties.

  • You should bear in mind that at least 50% of your credits must belong to our faculty.

  • The official enrolment takes place upon arrival


The University Village (Vila Universitària) is strategically located on campus and offers comfortable accommodation for students. If you visit the web of the Vila Universitària you will find the reservation form for apartments/rooms in the Campus hall of residence or a flat/room in any of the towns close to the Bellaterra Campus.
There are plenty of other accommodation options off campus such as rooms or flats to let with other students. These websites can help you in your search:
BARCELONA HOUSING SERVICE FOR STUDENTS (apartments, rooms, flats for rent, hostels, halls of residence)
SECRETARIA DE JOVENTUT (Left Menu HABITATGE: Servei de Borsa Jove d’Habitatge)
Notice boards
Barcelona Centre Universitari