- UAB University Master's Degree
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Course begins on 13/09/2022
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 13/01/2023
See the calendar
- Pre-registration period: Open
- Places: 25 places
Price: €27.67 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding an EU residence permit). 2022/23 Academic year.
€66 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold an EU residence permit). 2022/23 Academic year.
- Language: Catalan (80%)and Spanish (20%).
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
The objective of the programme is, on the one hand, provide students with the necessary tools and skills to conduct historical-artistic research and, on the other hand, help them become familiar with the aspects related to professional practices: curator, gallery owner, antique dealer, commissioner, etc.
The master's degree includes the valuable support of the National Art Gallery of Catalonia (MNAC).
The module on Conservation and Management of Artistic Heritage will be taught by personnel from the Gallery at the MNAC premises. The classes will give students first-hand knowledge of the management of large collections from a museum: tasks related to the organisation, analysis and conservation of artworks, the organisation of temporary exhibits, educational programmes, communication campaigns, etc.
The master's degree includes a work placement module in which several museums and other art and artistic heritage entities participate. It also makes available to students its splendid art collection, located at the UAB Humanities Library.
Career options when you complete the Master's degree are:
- Curator of museum collections or other heritage institutions.
- Public and private firms or institutions (publishing houses, foundations, art galleries, antique stores) related to the cultural and artistic market.
- Assessment and appraisal services.
- Management and dissemination of artistic heritage.
- Teaching at university and non-university levels.