Payment, fees and financing
Payment, fees and financing
The fee per credit includes insurance and other fees. The following items are included in all enrolment fees:
- Gestió Acadèmica (Academic Management) of the UAB (finance committee of the Board of Trustees): €160
- Compulsory student insurance: €1.12
- Complementary insurance for accidents and civil responsibility (approximately €9.72)
FEES FOR REPEATED CREDITS
No charge made, provided the government-regulated fee plus penalty fee is lower than in the private sector. If the regulated fee is higher, the student must pay the regulated fee plus the penalty.
FEES FOR RECOGNISED CREDITS
15% of the fee per credit for academic year 2018/19 (pending approval of the decree on public-sector fees).
DISCOUNTS AND OTHER BENEFITS
Holders of grants from the Ministry of Education and Science: 100% discount on the regulated fee per credit approved in the decree on public-sector university tuition fees in Catalonia.
- General: 50% discount on government-regulated fee per credit.
- Special: 100% discount on government-regulated fee per credit.
Degree of disability of 33% or above: 100% discount on the regulated fee per credit approved in the decree on public-sector university tuition fees in Catalonia.
Distinction obtained in upper secondary school: 100% discount on government-regulated fee per credit.
Distinction obtained in one or more courses: 100% discount in government-regulated fees for a number of credits equivalent to the subject that you passed with distinction.
PAYMENT OF THE ENROLMENT FEE
May be made as follows.
1. In a single instalment. This entitles you to a 3% discount on the overall total for the credits enrolled on. Payment is made into the bank account indicated on the day of enrolment, within seven days.
2. In two instalments.
- An initial payment of 60% of the total enrolment fee is made into the bank account indicated on the day of enrolment, within seven days.
- A second payment of the remaining 40% is paid by direct debit in December. 
3. More payments through bank financing (Bancsabadell): .
- 3, 4 or 5 consecutive months, from enrollment (free of charge)
- 6 consecutive months from enrollment, with a surcharge of 0.25%
- 9 consecutive months from enrollment, with a surcharge of 1.25%
If the bank financing is denied, the center will facilitate the split payment.
FINANCING AND ENROLMENT SIMULATOR
- You can check out the conditions in the leaflet FINANCING YOUR UNIVERSITY STUDIES
- For any enquiries on the fees or payment, check out the FUABformació enrolment simulator , which will show the final amount payable and the amount of each instalment.
If an invoice is returned the student must pay the fee for handling the non-payment and the interest charged by the financial institution on the unpaid amount (30 Euros' penalisation).
NB: This payment method is only available if you enrol before 1 November. You will need to submit the SEPA direct debit form.
CONSEQUENCES OF NON-PAYMENT OF THE ENROLMENT FEE
Pursuant to the UAB regulations on enrolment, non-payment of the enrolment fee within the set period leads to a state of default being declared on the student's record.
In all cases, it is essential to settle any outstanding invoices and corresponding costs as a condition for making any new enrolment and/or for requesting any academic service: certificates, transfers, etc.
If the enrolment fee is paid outside the set period or if, in the case of the direct debit method, the payment to the bank is not made within the set period for reasons attributable to the student, the latter must pay the amount established each year for handling non-payments, together with the interest charged by the financial institution on the unpaid amount, where applicable (30 Euros).