EU students

International students: European Baccalaureate (EB) or bilateral agreement

Students who have completed their baccalaureate or upper secondary education in an EU country can access Spanish universities under the same conditions as Spanish students who have passed the general stage of the PAU, if they meet the requirements for access to university in their country of origin. These students can sit the specific examination after obtaining the corresponding credential certifying that they meet the university entrance requirements in their country's education system.


EU countries and other countries or organisations with which the UAB holds reciprocity agreements:

Andorra, Austria, European Baccalaureate, International Baccalaureate, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Norway, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Switzerland, Switzerland, the Czech Republic and the United Kingdom.


Students must verify the access requirements through UNED (Spanish National Distance University). The related information can be consulted at:

Once the student has received their UNED credential, they must apply for pre-enrolment at the Catalan Government’s University Admissions Orientation Office.

For more information, please contact UNED:

Tel. +34 91 398 6614 / +34 91 398 6616

Tel. +34 91 398 8984 / +34 91 398 6612



Please note that:

  • Students who have already gained access to a Spanish university cannot enter via this route.
  • Students must take the personal aptitude tests for qualifications that require it.
  • Students do not have to take any tests to accredit language competence for the languages in which they will be taught at the UAB.
  • Those who have qualifications from PAU - Catalan Universities/EBAU from Spanish Universities or from foreign universities can only use one of the two routes to gain access to the university.


The admission mark for students who wish to increase their mark and achieve a 14, have 2 options:

  1. The student can take subjects from the specific PAU stage at any university in Spain and the two marks that, once weighted, provide the highest grade will be taken into account.
  2. Students take subjects from the Specific Competency Tests (PCE) at UNED and the two marks that, once weighted, provide the highest grade will be taken into account, provided that these subjects are able to be weighted in Catalonia.