UAB's virtual fair for master's degrees, graduate courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 17 to 21 of May: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next master's degree, graduate course or PhD programme. Registration is open!
- Official UAB
- Credits: 60 ECTS
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 11/01/2021
See the calendar
- Places: 25 places
Price: €46.11 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2021/22 Academic year.
- Language: English (100%)
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Biosciences
The study plan for this master's degree offers several advantages to students. Among the strengths of this new version of the master's degree are:
- New modules designed taking into account the first batch of new students from the university's bachelor's degree programmes
- Elimination of itineraries and specialisations
- Removal of overlaps with modules of other master's degrees
- Lectures in English
- Theory concentrated in the first semester, which means that the second semester is totally free for work on the research paper. This allows study periods that can be spent outside the UAB's area of influence.
Professional career options include:
- Hospital genetics
- Clinical genetics
- Evolutionary medicine (a new evolving speciality)
- Pre- and postnatal (including preimplantational) genetic diagnosis centres
- Genetic service firms (sequentiation, microarrays, genome analysis, bioinformatics)
- Science equipment firms
- Genetic consultancy
- Science police
- Quality control for the food industry (detecting transgenics, etc.)?
- Genetic improvement of animals or plants
- Pharmaceutical industry and related industries (evaluation of genotoxicity, etc.)
- Biotechnology industry (production of transgenics, recombinant proteins, specific gene therapy vectors, etc.)
- Environmental / ecological diversity / conservation institutions and consultants (zoos, natural parks, etc.)
- conservation and reproduction of animal and plant species
- Writing up and translating specialised scientific articles (newpapers, publishing houses, etc.).
- Working in official and private research centres.
- Teaching (universitary and secondary school level).