Official Master's Degree in Advanced Genetics
In 2013-2014 a new study plan for this master's degree has been put in place, which offers several advantages over the previous one. Among the strengths of this new version of the master's degree are:
- New modules designed taking into account the first batch of new students from the university's bachelor's degree programmes,
- elimination of itineraries and specialisations,
- removal of overlaps with modules of other master's degrees,
- teaching in English,
- theory concentrated in the first semester, which means that the second semester is totally free for work on the research paper. This allows study periods that can be spent outside the UAB's area of influence.
Professional career options include:
- Hospital genetics
- Clinical genetics
- Evolutionary medicine (a new evolving speciality)
- Pre- and postnatal (including preimplantational) genetic diagnosis centres
- Genetic service firms (sequentiation, microarrays, genome analysis, bioinformatics)
- Science equipment firms
- Genetic consultancy
- Science police
- Quality control for the food industry (detecting transgenics, etc.)?
- Genetic improvement of animals or plants
- Pharmaceutical industry and related industries (evaluation of genotoxicity, etc.)
- Biotechnology industry (production of transgenics, recombinant proteins, specific gene therapy vectors, etc.)
- Environmental / ecological diversity / conservation institutions and consultants (zoos, natural parks, etc.)
- conservation and reproduction of animal and plant species
- Writing up and translating specialised scientific articles (newpapers, publishing houses, etc.).
- Working in official and private research centres.
- Teaching (universitary and secondary school level).
Classes are scheduled for mornings and afternoons. The academic year begins on 7 October and ends on 24 January.
Credits: 60 ECTS
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 11/01/2019
See the calendar
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2019/20 Academic year.
Contact us for more information, filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail