UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with directors and coordinators. From the 26th of February to the 1st of March: Registration is open!
You can also send the form on this page to request personalized attention.
- UAB University Master's Degree
- Course begins on 12/09/2024
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 05/02/2024
See the calendar
- Pre-registration period: Open
- Places: 50 places
Price: €27.67 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding an EU residence permit). 2023/24 Academic year.
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold an EU residence permit). 2023/24 Academic year.
- Language: Spanish (40%), English (30%) and Catalan (30%)
- Mode: Classroom-based learning / Online
Faculty of Translation and Interpreting
Are you passionate about languages and the world of audiovisuals? Would you like to translate audiovisual products and video games? Would you like to make films and series accessible to everyone?
The university master's degree in Audiovisual Translation was the first academic programme to offer audiovisual translation and accessibility in Spain, and one of the first in all of Europe.
We offer training of excellence both in consolidated areas of audiovisual translation (dubbing, subtitling, voice-overs) and accessibility (subtitling for the deaf and hard of hearing and audio description), and in newer areas (translation of video games, respeaking), which offers you a diversity of professional career options.
In addition, the following aspects make this master's degree even more unique:
- Possibility of attending lectures or studying online.
- Option of translating into Catalan or into Spanish.
- Training in a range of fields such as dubbing, subtitling and voice over.
- Specialising in accessibility training: audio description for people with vision impairment, subtitling for the deaf and hard of hearing, and speech recognition for subtitling.
- Pioneers in the training of multimedia translations and video game translation.
- Lecturing staff formed by a combination of internationally renowned professionals and academics.
- Possibility of conducting your dissertation in firms of the audiovisual and video game sectors.
The main career options are working as a freelance translator or an agency staff translator, and specialisation in the fields of audiovisual translation, such as dubbing, subtitling, voiceover, multimedia translation, videogame translation, audio description and subtitling for the deaf.
From the moment of finishing it, the University Master's Degree in Audiovisual Translation has opened the door for me to work in the localization of videogames to companies such as Ubisoft and Keywords. Adell El Idrissi