- Official UAB
- Course begins on 14/09/2020
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 03/02/2020
See the calendar
- Places: 50 places
Price: €46.11 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
- Language: Spanish (40%), English (30%) and Catalan (30%)
- Mode: Online
Faculty of Translation and Interpreting
The UAB Faculty of Translation and Interpreting was the first centre to offer translation and audiovisual accessibility in Spain, and one of the first in all of Europe.
We offer training of excellence both in consolidated areas of audiovisual translation (dubbing, subtitling, voice-overs) and accessibility (subtitling for the deaf and hard of hearing and audio description), and in newer areas (translation of video games, respeaking), which offers you a diversity of professional career options.
- Possibility of attending lectures or studying online.
- Option of translating into Catalan.
- Training in a range of fields such as dubbing, subtitling and voice over.
- Specialising in accessibility training: audio description for people with vision impairment, subtitling for the deaf and hard of hearing and speech recognition for subtitling.
- Pioneers in the training of multimedia translations and video game translation.
- Lecturing staff formed by a combination of internationally renowned professionals and academics.
- Possibility of conducting your dissertation in firms of the audiovisual and video game sectors.
The main career options are working as a freelance translator or an agency staff translator, and specialisation in the fields of audiovisual translation, such as dubbing, subtitling, voiceover, multimedia translation, videogame translation, audio description and subtitling for the deaf.
From the moment of finishing it, the University Master's Degree in Audiovisual Translation has opened the door for me to work in the localization of videogames to companies such as Ubisoft and Keywords. Adell El Idrissi