Admission Official Master's Degree in Audiovisual Translation
UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with each programme's direction, from the 22th to the 26th of May. Registration is open!
AccessAccess to this master's degree is open to holders of an official bachelor's degree from a Spanish university or from another higher education institution within or outside the European Higher Education Area, provided this gives access to postgraduate studies in the country of issue.
Admission requirementsAdmission requirements are as follows:
- Graduates in Translation and Interpreting, Philology, East Asian Studies, the Humanities, Media Studies or equivalent degrees.
Accredit competence in the following languages:
- English - Level C1 (except students holding a degree in Translation and Interpreting with English as Language B, or a degree in English Studies or equivalent)
- Spanish - Level C2.2 (for translation into Spanish by foreign students)
- Catalan - Nivel C2.2 (for translation into Catalan by foreign students)
Selection criteriaIn the event that total applications exceed places available, admission will be decided in accordance with the following criteria:
1. First degree: 40%
Degree in Translation and Interpreting: 40%
Degree in Philology: 35%
Degree in East Asian Studies, the Humanities or Media Studies: 30%
2. Academic Transcript: 35%
3. Language competence higher than that required: 15%
4. At least two years’ professional experience in the field of audiovisual translation, accredited via a certificate from the company/companies concerned or, in the case of freelance translators, a list of clients and translated: 10%
Complementary trainingStudents from degrees other than Translation and Interpreting need to take bridging courses. In such cases, once having assessed the applicants’ academic transcript and CV, the degree coordination will establish the bridging courses adequate for each case, ranging from 6 ECTS up to a maximum of 12 ECTS, for the subjects listed below:
- Translation of Language B-Language A1 - 6 ECTS
- Introduction to Specialised Translation B-A - 6 ECTS