Enrolment Official Master's Degree in Public Administration
Important information for all students with a right to exemption from paying enrolment fees or to a reduced fee.
For your exemption or reduction to be applied when enrolling, you need to email the document that justifies this to your Academic Management office (Gestió Acadèmica) before enrolling, unless this has already been done. This will ensure that you are charged the correct amount.
When do documents need to be sent to justify paying a reduced fee or for a fee exemption?
- If UAB already has up-to-date versions of these documents, there is no need to send them again (for example, if they were submitted in a previous year).
- If UAB has the documents but these are not up to date, they do need to be sent in, except for large-family cards issued in Catalonia.
- In all other cases, you need to send in the documents justifying a fee reduction or exemption to your Academic Management office.
Then you need to take the original or an attested copy of the document to the Academic Management, before 5 November. If the original documents are not delivered by this date, the enrolment fee will be modified and the corresponding amount charged.
Timeframe for submitting the documents
- Supporting documents for fee exemption or reduction: These are to be emailed in advance of enrolment and the originals or attested copies delivered to the Academic Management before 5 November.
- All other documents (SEPA documents, access documents not submitted previously, insurance for students over the age of 28, etc.): The deadline for submitting the documents to the Academic Management is 15 December 2021.
If you are a new university entrant:
1. Contact your master's degree coordinator or follow the instructions from your Academic Management to arrange your pre-enrolment tutorial.
2. ID document:
- Students with a Spanish DNI: this does not need to be sent to the Academic Management. It still needs to be shown for identification purposes when carrying out formalities in person.
- Students from the European Union: after enrolling, take your original passport to the Academic Management, or else take the original ID document with your Foreigner's Identity Number (NIE), or send in an attested photocopy of one of these by post.
- Foreign students not from the European Union: after enrolling, take the original and a photocopy of your Foreigner's Identity Card (TIE) to the Academic Management, or send in an attested photocopy by post. If you do not have your TIE yet, take your passport and a photocopy of your TIE application. You have up to a maximum of three months to provide the document.
- Foreign students residing in an EU country need to email their NIE to the Academic Management before enrolling, to be kept on record. Otherwise, non-EU prices will be charged.
3. SEPA direct debit order: To pay the enrolment fees by direct debit, you will need to fill in, print, sign and send the corresponding form to your faculty's Academic Management office, after enrolling. The bank details must include the IBAN and BIC codes if the bank is not present in Spain. Only accounts in banks located in the EU, Andorra, the Vatican, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland are accepted.
Enrolment fees can also be paid by credit or debit card but, in this case, payment has to be made in a single instalment. Students who have applied for a grant must pay the enrolment fees by direct debit, so that the grant amount can be refunded where appropriate.
4. Qualifications for admission: Before15 December, you need to provide the Academic Management with the original and a photocopy of the degree certificate that qualifies you to join this master's degree programme, or an official document certifying that your degree has been awarded. Alternatively, you can send in an attested photocopy by post.
5. Transcript: This document can be emailed in digital format, provided it has a secure verification code (SVC), or else it can be sent in by post or handed in at the Academic Management office before 15 December. The transcript for the studies that qualify you to join this master's degree must include the academic years corresponding to the programme, the courses taken, the credits obtained and the grades obtained.
Students abroad can send in attested or legalised copies of the documents, and the corresponding translations, where appropriate, by post or messaging service, addressed to the Academic Management offices.
6. If you are 28 or older, you will need to present the original and a copy of a health, accident and civil liability insurance policy that is valid in Spain. For this purpose, when enrolling, you can take out the complementary insurance offered by UAB.
7. In certain subjects or bachelor's degrees, it is compulsory to take out the complementary insurance, which will already be pre-selected on the enrolment form.
8. Documents in support of a fee reduction or exemption
|ENROLMENT FEES: REDUCTIONS AND EXEMPTIONS|
|Conditions applicable for 2021/2022 academic year||Supporting documents|
|Membership of a large family as certified by the Generalitat de Catalunya||If you were granted a large-family reduction when enrolling last year, there is no need to submit any document.|
If you do not have a valid large-family card when you enrol, you have ten days to update it and inform your faculty’s Academic Management.
|Large-family card issued by other autonomous communities||Valid large-family card or certificate|
|If you do not have a valid large-family card when you enrol, you have ten days to update it and you need to inform your faculty’s Academic Management before enrolling.|
|Discapacitat reconeguda del 33% o superior||One of the following credentials: disability certificate issued or validated by the Department for Work, Social Welfare and Family, resolution or certificate issued by INSS or the competent authority in the corresponding autonomous community or any other specified in Article 2 of Royal Decree 1414/2006.|
|If you were granted this reduction when enrolling last year, and the document is still valid, there is no need to submit any document: it is only necessary If you have had to renew it.|
|Victims of acts of terrorism (plus their children and spouses)||Administrative resolution.|
|If you were granted this reduction when enrolling last year, there is no need to submit any document.|
|Victims of male violence in an intimate partnership (plus their dependent children) (*)||The Llibre de Família family register in the case of dependent children up to the age of 21, or a certificate of cohabitation (convivència) for the family unit in the case of children over 21.
One of the following supporting documents: a judgement of conviction; a protection order; any other judicial decision to grant a precautionary measure in the victim's favour; a report from the public prosecutor or the Labour and Social Security Inspectorate; a report or certificate showing that the applicant is receiving assistance as a victim of gender violence, issued by a public administration agency — Social Services, Male- and Family‑Violence Unit of the Directorate General for Families of the Catalan Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families, Specialist Intervention Services (SIE), Information and Assistance Services for Women (SIAD), Crime Victims' Assistance Office, or sheltered accommodation — or by an entity providing assistance to women victims of male violence in an intimate partnership that is funded by a specific public administration body. * (See further details).
|If you were granted this reduction when enrolling last year, and the document is still valid, there is no need to submit any document. For periods of validity, see the section Deductions.|
9. If your enrolment is to be done in person and you are unable to come, you need to authorise someone else to do it for you, in writing. The authorisation must contain your personal data and signature.
10. If you have a master's degree from another university, you need to submit the transcript and an attested copy of the degree certificate.
If your qualification for joining this master's degree programme is a degree from a university abroad, you should keep the following in mind.
Degree certificates and transcripts issued by European Union institutions, by signatory countries of the Agreement on the European Economic Area, and by Switzerland must be official and issued by the competent authorities.
Degree certificates and transcripts issued by non-European Union institutions must be official, issued by the competent authorities and legalised diplomatically or, where applicable, through the Hague Convention Apostille or the Andrés Bello Agreement.
Translation of documents issued abroad
All documents in Catalan, Spanish or English are admissible. To translate documents in French, Italian or Portuguese, you may use the UAB Language Service (Servei de Llengües). In this case, you are responsible for the arrangements and costs involved. In all other cases, you need to attach the corresponding translation into Catalan, Spanish or English produced by a sworn translator, by any Spanish diplomatic or consular mission abroad, or by your own country's diplomatic or consular mission in Spain.
If you have already enrolled in previous academic years:
Contact your master's degree coordinator or follow the instructions from your Academic Management to arrange your pre-enrolment tutorial.
If you want to enrol part-time:
If you decide not to enrol for a whole academic year, you can opt for part-time enrolment. This is authorised automatically and no supporting documents are required.
€27.67 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2021/22 Academic year.
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2021/22 Academic year.