The School of Prevention and Integral Safety and Security, as a university centre oriented to the generation of professionals in risk prevention and safety, has a Programme of Professional Practice consisting of a network of collaborating companies and institutions, which offer a placements service to strengthen knowledge and the acquisition of professional competences.
The Professional Practice Programme:
• Is managed by the Jobs Bank and Placements Unit, which works for our students and to facilitate the management of the placements with the collaborating institutions.
• 83% of placements offered were remunerated.
• An average of four placements were offered for each student registered.
• 23% of our students were later contracted in the centres where they undertook the placement.
• There are practicals in all areas of security studied by student in their degree course (public security, private and corporate security).
• Have been registered as a student at EPSI during the entire period of the placement.
• Have obtained at least 60 ECTS credits prior to the beginning of the placement.
• Students who have obtained more than 60 ECTS credits will have access via Moodle to the Extracurricular Placements area.
• In the Extracurricular Placements area of Moodle all the available offers of placements will be shown, along with a description.
• The company will phone the selected students for the interview stage.
Signing the agreement
Once the company has informed the student that they are accepted, the student should contact the Jobs Bank and Placements Unit (email@example.com) to sign the agreement which specifies that this is a curricular placement.
The agreement is a document containing the rights and obligations of both parties (company, student and school) in relation to the placement period. It is essential that all parties sign the agreement in order to begin the placement.
During the placement
- Once the student has undertaken 50% of the placement, they must write a report using the model document on Moodle and send it to the placement tutor. The tutor in the company must also send a report to the school. Both model documents are available on the External Placement Moodle.
- In the case of any kind of incident, the student must contact the tutor or the Jobs Bank and Placements Unit, which will decide on the best way to handle it.
End of the placement
- Once the placement period has finished, the student must send a final report using the model document which is an annexe to the agreement and send it to the placement tutor. The tutor at the company tutor must also send a final report to the school. The model documents are also available on the Moodle for External Placements.
- The grade for the placement will be available at the end of June in accordance with the criteria that appears in the course guide.