Quality Official Master's Degree in Conference Interpreting
UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with each programme's direction, from the 16th to the 20th of May. Registration is open!
This system covers:
- the definition and monitoring of the teaching quality policy and objectives of the faculty, in accordance with the UAB institutional strategic lines
- the definition and the update of the university degree framework
- the processes directly linked to teaching development (tutoring, evaluation, external practices, mobility, etc.)
- the processes of evaluation and satisfaction of the different groups
- the processes most linked to people and necessary resources (teaching staff, administration and services staff, infrastructure and services, syllabus, academic organization, etc.)
- and the processes linked to the life cycle of the degrees: verification (pre-implantation assessment), monitoring (periodic monitoring), modification (application of continuous improvement) and accreditation (evaluation of the implantation and renewal of the authorization to continue offering the degree), that gives answer to the need to have, update and improve the university degree framework.
Mobility and exchange programmesThe UAB’s policy of internationalisation, and particularly that of the Faculty of Translation and Interpreting, has encouraged participation in various international exchange programmes to facilitate the mobility of both students and staff.
The main international mobility schemes are the Erasmus Programme and the UAB Exchange Programme.
Within the framework of the 120 credits of this 2-year Master’s course, students may take advantage of the Faculty’s existing MA mobility agreements. Students who wish to avail themselves of this opportunity may, after consultiation with their academic coordinator, take a module, or part of a module, at another international partner university which offers a Master’s in Conference Interpreting similar to the UAB’s MUIC. The Mock Conference and tutored Professional Practice modules may not be taken as part of a mobility exchange. Work for the “Final Master’s Project” module may be completed during the student’s mobility placement, providing that permission has been sought and obtained from the MA coordinator and the tutor responsible for overseeing the project.