UAB master's and graduate degrees online fair: last places available!
Would you like to talk directly with the coordinators of the programmes you are interested in and help solve any doubts you may have? From 28 September to 2 October, the UAB master's and graduate degrees will offer almost 50 online information sessions. Sign up now!
- Official UAB
- Credits: 120 ECTS
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 03/02/2020
See the calendar
- Places: 25 places
Price: €46,11 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
- Language: Spanish (40%), English (40%), French (10%) and German (10%)
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Translation and Interpreting
The programme offers the possibility of taking the course in two or three foreign languages (English, French, German or Spanish as the language from which you will be interpreting).
- With the support from the European Commission's Common Conference Interpreting Services and the Office of Language Interpretation (OIL) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, students are offered teaching assistance, periodic online classes and a study visit to Brussels including an interpreting internship.
- Exceptional equipment unique in Europe: three fully digitalised interpreting halls with 53 simultaneous interpreting cabin which will allow you to practise in real-life situations, with audiovisual material and different support forms.
- Lecturers are active conference interpreters, most of them members of the International Association of Conference Interpreters, accredited by the main European institutions.
More information and description of the study plan
Career optionsUpon completing the MUIC programme, graduates will be prepared to work as liberal professionals in the private sector (international conferences and congresses, international trade relations between companies) and as freelance interpreters for international organisms. They can also work as civil servants once they have passed all official exams in public institutions such as: the UN, the European Parliament, the European Commission and Council, Court of Justice, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of the Interior, Parliament of Catalonia, etc. As well as in other international organisations such as the WTO, the OECD, ILO, WIPO, EUIPO, etc., which are present in several regions around the work and hire the services of interpreters on a daily basis.
Two words: professionalism and demand. The master offers a specific curriculum that opens the doors to the world of interpretation, oriented both to the private market and to the institutional sphere. Olga Sanmiquel
Being a former student of the faculty, I knew that teachers were closely linked to both institutions and the private market in Barcelona, so I did not hesitate to return to my alma mater. In addition, we have mentors who accompany us during learning. Laia Llinàs