- UAB University Master's Degree
- Credits: 90 ECTS
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 01/02/2022
See the calendar
- Places: 80 places
Price: €18.46 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding an EU residence permit). 2022/23 Academic year.
€66 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold an EU residence permit). 2022/23 Academic year.
- Language: Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%).
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Law
The pre-registration period will end on May 31, 2022.
The master's degree in the Legal Profession prepares graduates in Law to practise as lawyers, pursuant to Law 34/2006 of 30 October. It is a full-time, profession-oriented course aimed at building up the skills and competences needed in the practice of Law. This master's degree has a dual purpose: it provides the necessary training for professional practice and for passing the aptitude test of the Spanish Ministry of Justice. It is organised by the Faculty of Law of the UAB together with the bar associations of Barcelona, Granollers, Manresa, Mataró, Sabadell and Terrassa.
The master's degree in the Legal Profession comprises 90 credits and is structured in two complementary blocks.
- The teaching component, for 60 crèdits which delivers eminently practical training, provided by the best university lecturers and by highly respected lawyers. This teaching component has the collaboration of judges, notaries, registrars, and tax and Social Security inspectors.
- The external work placements, for 30 credits, which offer a wide range of opportunities (law firms in the European Union, the courts, or trials in the Escola Judicial law school).
On obtaining this master's degree and subsequently passing the aptitude test, Law graduates may practise in any area or specialisation of the legal profession and, depending on each bar association's rules, enter the system of free legal aid and the duty rota.
They are qualified both to work freelance and to be employed by firms.
We recommend that students with qualifications from outside the European Higher Education Area and who have not yet homologated their qualifications contact the corresponding Professional Association for information on the requirements to work professionally in Spain.