- Official UAB
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Course begins on 29/09/2020
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 10/01/2020
See the calendar
- Places: 25 places
Price: €46.11 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
€82 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
- Language: Spanish (100%).
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
The master's degree in Quality of Food of Animal Origin covers and provides global contents on the control, assessment and improvement of the quality and safety of foods of animal origin. It combines this with a study of the actions taken from the farm to the consumer, the transversal tools and the emerging techniques/methodologies used which give way to an improvement in the quality all along the food processing chain and offer the opportunity to innovate and develop new products and processes as a means of continuing this improvement in quality. Therefore, the master's degree covers a real demand of society in the agricultural and food industry who do not feel their needs represented by any existing academic programme. It does so from a holistic and cross-curricular approach which is increasingly valued by society.
Career optionsWith regard to career options, the globalised perspective proposed by the master's degree allows you to go on to a variety of professional alternatives. The training you acquire is especially addressed to covering the demands of private companies and public institutions directly and indirectly related to the production of food of animal origin. These companies and institutions may be related to the primary production of food (for example, farming and/or livestock rearing companies and associations, companies related to the production of raw materials for feed, to the production of zootechnical additives, etc.), or to the production and/or transformation of food at industrial levels (meat, dairy and cheese, fish, eggs and egg products, and the industry of additives, as well as distributors, etc.).
Some of the career options available to graduates of this master's degree are:
- Management of food production systems.
- Improvement and administration of quality all along the production chain.
- Implementation of systems of quality in the agrifood industry.
- Technical assessment to agriculture and fishing companies and to the food industry.
- Commercial management.
- Design of new foods or improvement of existing foods through different actions in primary production and in the food industry.
- Research in and development of new processes.
- R&D&I activities in general.