- Credits: 60 credits
Course begins on 02/10/2023
Course ends on 08/07/2024
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 13/01/2023
See the calendar
- Pre-registration period: Open
- Places: 40 places
Price: Students from the EU or Spain: €73/ credit
Non-EU students: €99/ credit
Including administrative fees and student insurance.
5% disc. Alumni UAB (applicable only on the first enrolment of the whole course)
- Language: Spanish (70%) and Catalan (30%)
Escola Fundació Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona-Formació (affiliated school)
Place: Escola de l'IGOP
The university master's degree in Social Policy and Community Action combines theory and practice, delivered by both academic and professional instructors, and it uses the methodology of case studies to approach the surrounding community with sensitivity and a willingness to get involved.
It covers various areas of knowledge linked to social action and policy, mediation, community development and town planning, through visits, events and projects.
It is aimed at graduates in Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Social Education, Education Studies, Educational Psychology, Economics, Law, Anthropology, Geography, History, Journalism, Primary Education and Early Childhood Education.
It is a product of inter-university participation through the Institute of Government and Public Policy (IGOP)) Escola Doctor Robert-FUABformació, University of Girona, University of Lleida and University of Vic. Each university brings its own area of expertise to the study plan, within a decentralised, multidisciplinary approach.
- Management of public administration projects, social research and community work through an understanding of companionship, communication and conflict.
- Design, planning, deployment and assessment of social policies, plans, projects and programmes, and guidance and coordination of professional teams and volunteers working in community action, public administration and third sector organisations.
- External advisory support for designing and implementing policies, programmes, projects and community action in the private sector.
“I find the case studies on the programme to be very useful. Being able to talk to the people involved really enhances your learning".Alejandra Peña
Coordinator university:Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Participating universitiesUniversity of Girona
University of Lleida
University of Vic-Universitat Central de Catalunya