Content Official Master's Degree in Tourism Management in Cultural Heritage
UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with the programmes' directions. From the 2nd to the 6th of October: Registration is open!
Master descriptionThe master's degree comprises 60 ECTS in total and lasts one academic year. The syllabus is organised into eight modules, taught over two semesters. All modules are compulsory, so all students receive the same training. Six of these modules have a workload corresponding to six ECTS credits, while the other two – the placement module and the master's degree dissertation – count for 12 ECTS credits.
The first semester is devoted to five modules covering different disciplines in the humanities and tourism studies. The first three deal with basic theory in geography, history, literature and language together with fundamental principles in tourism. The other two cover the theoretical foundations of history of art, anthropology and sociology together with fundamental principles in tourism. The first-semester modules are as follows.
- Module 1. Instruments of heritage management for tourism.
- Module 2. Historical interpretation of cultural resources.
- Module 3. Didactic mediation of the language and creation of literary tourist products.
- Module 4. Keys to interpreting the artistic heritage for tourism.
- Module 5. Social, economic and anthropological strategies in cultural heritage management for tourism.
- Module 6. Research methodologies and techniques.
- Module 7. Work Placement
- Module 8. Master's degree dissertation (TFM).
Course begins on16/10/2023
Course ends on24/05/2024
Monday and Wednesday from 16h to 20h.
Study plan structure
|Didactic Mediation of Language and Creation of Literary-Tourism Products||6||OB|
|Historical Interpretation of Cultural Resources||6||OB|
|Instruments of Regional-Heritage Tourism Management||6||OB|
|Master's Degree Dissertation||12||OB|
|Research Methodologies and Techniques||6||OB|
|Social, Economic and Anthropological Strategies for Tourism Management in Cultural Heritage||6||OB|
|Tourism-Related Interpretative Keys to Artistic Heritage||6||OB|