- Official UAB
- Credits: 60 ECTS
Course begins on 17/10/2022
Course ends on 26/05/2023
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 01/02/2022
See the calendar
- Places: 20 places
- Teaching timetable: Afternoons
Price: EU students: € 75/ credit. This includes taxes and student insurance.
Non-EU students: € 100/ credit. This includes taxes and student insurance.
5% disc. Alumni FUABformació (applicable only on the first enrolment of the whole course)
5% disc. Alumni UAB (applicable only on the first enrolment of the whole course)
- Language: Spanish (90%) and English (10%)
- Mode: classroom-based learning
Escola Fundació Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona-Formació (affiliated school)
The official master's degree in Cultural Heritage Management for Tourism cultivates professionals capable of applying their knowledge of the humanities to the tourism sector. You can draw on this knowledge to innovate and enhance the tourism-cultural heritage combination in all its facets: geography, history, literature, language, anthropology and sociology.
This master's degree has the following advantages:
- Knowledge and tools to create added value in tourism activities dealing with the local area and the tangible and intangible heritage.
- Contributions by tourism professionals to classes.
- Visits to cultural heritage sites.
- Focus on the latest developments in cultural tourism in the profession and in research.
- A two-pronged approach: research-oriented and profession-oriented, to be able to work and conduct research in cultural heritage management for tourism.
- Access to the PhD programme in Tourism.
The master's degree applies a "learning by doing" methodology to real-life cases through its Live Projects, and the mandatory placements offer an insight into the reality of the sector.
- Institutions promoting cultural tourism.
- Public and private organisations that manage the content needed by the heritage resources of a region.
- Travel agencies specialising in cultural tourism.
- Companies that produce tourist guides.
- Institutions in charge of museums and monuments: both developing content and organising visits.
- Consulting firms involved in cultural heritage projects.
- Design of itineraries connecting the humanities with tourism for private companies.
Thanks to this master's degree, in my future career I can have a broader vision of emerging tourism and how to apply my knowledge of the humanities to it.Adriana Sánchez
Specific grants for this master's degree
Information on calls for grants, prizes or subsidies aimed at the university community can be found on the UAB grants portal. This portal includes all grants offered at the UAB, plus certain calls from other institutions.
The portal has a specific section for official master's degree grants.