Content Official Master's Degree in Tradumatics: Translation Technologies.
UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with the programmes' directions. From the 2nd to the 6th of October: Registration is open!
Ideal student profileThe ideal student profile for this master's degree is that of a graduate in translation or in a related area (philology, applied linguistics, etc.) with an interest in translation technologies. The master's degree is also aimed at professional translators looking to refresh their knowledge or integrate technology into their workflows so as to automate processes.
Mastery of the programme's working languages is also required: English, Spanish and Catalan (in the case of translating into this language).
- Use acquired knowledge as a basis for originality in the application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Solve problems in new or little-known situations within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the field of study.
- Integrate knowledge and use it to make judgements in complex situations, with incomplete information, while keeping in mind social and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicate and justify conclusions clearly and unambiguously to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Continue the learning process, to a large extent autonomously
Specific skillsKnow the professional translation and post-editing market: its profiles, requirements and socio-economic role.
Define, evaluate and solve problems related to translation technologies.
Revise and correct a translation in accordance with the industry's quality standards.
Analyse the structure of digital products based on markup languages and their overall coherence for translation.
Know and use specialist resources to gather information on topics within the field of translation technology.
Make efficient use of assisted translation and correction software.
Design and conduct research projects on translation technologies, using suitable research methods and suggesting ways to improve.
Cross-curricular skillsMake informed, well-reasoned decisions in the field of translation technologies.
Manage one's own knowledge consistently and systematically, in coordination with other persons and independently, with the emphasis on quality.