Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management
Further information on the enrolment process
The Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management and the School of Tourism and Hotel Management offer students a learning experience closely linked to professional practice and working life, with sector-specific training and a high level of internationalization, that provides:
- knowledge and skills in management and administration of hotel businesses, catering and accommodation, with innovation and sustainability as key issues
- learning of up to 4 foreign languages, certified by the UAB Language Service
- possibility of studying the Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management in Bilingual modality, in which the third year is dedicated to exchange at a foreign university and the fourth is taught entirely in English
- international exchanges with more than 75 universities around the world
- three specializations:
- Management of International Hotel Groups
- Management of Catering Companies
See The Degree in Figures for stats about the degree.
Students receive academic and professional monitoring at the School, aimed at giving them career counselling through:
- More than 700 job placement offers at top-level organizations at home and abroad
- Interaction with the working world with activities and monitoring by professionals
- Practical training (Experiential Classrooms) at the Hotel Exe Campus, located on the same campus, in front of the School
- Tasting and demonstration classrooms for the practical training sessions
- Specific jobs bank with 89% job placement
This degree is intended for those wishing to become versatile professionals in the hotel and catering industry. The ideal student for this degree should have the following qualities:
Good communicative, organisational and commercial skills.
Cooperative and willing to work in a team.
Markedly oriented towards excellence of service within the sector.
The versatility of graduates in Hotel Management means that they can work in many areas within the hotel and catering industry and other related sectors at management and business planning and set-up levels.
Management of hotels, inns, leisure centres, group catering, catering divisions of related businesses.
- Management of catering establishments and services.
Management of companies offering complementary services in tourist destinations.
- Management of companies involved in creating, distributing and selling products, and consultancy services.
- Department management: hospitality desk, banquets and conferences, restaurant service, human resources, purchase, sales, etc.
- Company start-up, entrepreneurship.
- Research in public and private institutions.
Teaching staff list
EvaluationContinuous assessment of all students' work (classwork, independent learning, tests, exams, practical assignments and work placements), with possibility of a single overall assessment.
TimetablesOne shift in the mornings and one in the afternoons.
Number of credits: 240
Duration: 4 years
Period of study: Six-monthly
Part-time or full-time: Full-time
Contact us for more information filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail