- Faculty of Translation and Interpreting
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
Places: Translation and Interpreting - German: 40
Translation and Interpreting - English: 140
Translation and Interpreting - French: 50
- Admission mark: Alemany 5,000 / Anglès 8,660/ Francès 5,000
- Price per credit: 18.46 euros
- Language: Spanish, Catalan and corresponding translation languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
- Current Calendars
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
The UAB Faculty of Translation and Interpreting was the first of its kind in Spain, and one of the first in all of Europe.
- It offers the largest amount of language options in Spain: English, French, German, Italian, Portugueses, Romanian, Russian, Arab, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Modern Greek, Catalan and Spanish.
- It is a pioneering centre in audiovisual training and the new technologies applied to translation and interpreting.
- It is one of the few centres in Europe to offer training in language mediation and social interpreting.
- Its prestigious lecturing staff includes renowned translators, honorary doctors and internationally recognised researchers.
- It is equipped with excellent facilities, including 53 professional interpreting cabins and a multimedia hall with specialised programs.
- It has signed exchange agreements with over 200 universities in more than 30 countries.
- It offers work placements in both national and international companies.
We offer excellent academic training both in traditional and consolidated fields (specialised and publishing translation), and in newer fields (video game translation, etc.) and in a variety of specialisation fields: written translation, audiovisual translation, localisation, sight translation, liaison and consecutive interpreting, etc., all of which lead to a diversity of career options and a high rate of graduate employment.
The main areas of employment for graduates are:
Technical and legal-administrative translation in companies, law firms and international agencies.
Interpreting in national or international agencies (UN, UNESCO) or in companies with international relations.
Teaching, both in public and private centres.
Interpreting at congresses, exhibitions and tourist agencies.
Literary translation or correction for publishing houses.
Dubbing and subtitling in the audiovisual media or multimedia.
Language and cultural mediation for public and private institutions.
Thanks to the UAB-specific exchange programmes and work placements, I was accepted to the prestigious master's degree in China Studies at the prestigious Yenching Academy of Peking University, China. Gabriel Losada
null Yanira Jimeno