Thursday, December 21 2023
Dia · Setmana
Final event of the AI4ALL programme, a specialised training course aimed at fostering the generation of AI technology and entrepreneurial projects.
The projects students have been working on this year will be presented at the event, which have been based on AI technologies capable of solving the real needs of the market.
To attend please register here.
4:00 p.m. Welcoming speech
- Josep Lladós, director of the Computer Vision Centre (CVC)
4:10 p.m. Presentation of the First Programme of the General Direction of Innovation, Digital Economy and Entrepreneurship, Govenment of Catalonia
- Lluís Juncà, general director of Innovation, Digital Economy and Entrepreneurship of the Ministry for Business and Employment, Government of Catalonia
4:20 p.m. Presentation of the programme and the jury
- Júlia Palma and Dani Franco, coordinators of the programme
4:30 p.m. Presentation of the projects:
- Good-Chef: an application that makes comprehensive nutritional support practical, accessible and affordable for all.
- SInfon.IA: an Artificial Intelligence programme that analyses and evaluates musical performances in addition to creating and finding music courses.
- ENERGETHICS: efficiency for collective self-consumption.
- iaia market: “personal shopper” designed to improve the shopping experience by connecting users with local businesses.
- Your Tech Tribe: a "digital brain" that allows companies to safely create their own AI using their own data and systems.
6:00 p.m. Improshow
6:30 p.m. Awards and closing event
Place: Eureka Building, UAB Parc de Recerca (Avingude Can Domènech, Bellaterra campus)
Date: Thursday 21, December2023 - 15:00h
Organiser: Parc de Recerca, School of Engineering and Computer Vision Centre (UAB), and Artificial Intelligence Research Institute (CSIC)
Friday, January 12, 2024
The UAB Research Management Area and the UAB Parc de Recerca are organising on 12 January 2024 at 12:00 noon, at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of the UAB, a day of presentation and question&answer sessions on two open calls of the Strategic Plan of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) 2023-2027:
- The Call for Grants for knowledge transfer demonstration activities (PEPAC 2023-2027), which aims to support the transfer of technical and management knowledge adapted to the territorial and sectoral realities of the agri-food and forestry sector in Catalonia by carrying out demonstration activities in Catalonia.
- The Call for Grants for the preparation and implementation of projects of operational groups of the European Innovation Partnership for Agricultural Productivity and Sustainability, which aims to support innovation in the agri-food and forestry sector.
The session will be attended by members of the Ministry for Climate Action, Food and Rural Agenda of the Government of Catalonia.
To participate, prior registration is required through this link.
Place: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Date: Friday 12, January2024 - 12:00h
Tuesday, January 16, 2024
The UAB Parc de Recerca will be holding an information session on the new edition of the Generating Ideas Programme, which this year will be dedicated to concieving and developing innovative solutions within the "one health" sector. The session is addressed to all UAB research personnel and PhD students and will serve to explain the objectives and characteristics of the programme.
The Generating Ideas Programme aims to foster the entrepreneurial spirit and a culture for innovation, while giving support to the transfer of knowledge conducted by researchers and PhD students of all scientific areas represented at the UAB campus, with the aim of responding to different industrial and social challenges.
The 14th edition of this programme is focused on the concept of "one health", and seeks to concieve and develop innovative solutions through the interconnectivity and interdependence of human, animal and environmental health.
Thr programme runs from January to May and consists of the following phases:
- Conception: participants will work on group dynamics, collaborating with the entities that have proposed the challenges of the programme, to create multidisciplinary projects and teams.
- Training and mentoring: training sessions using design thinking and lean startup methodologies, e.g., on the protection of knowledge, business models, financing or how to make presentations with impact, etc. Each team will be assigned an expert mentor who will guide them and help them to validate the project.
- Prototyping: the five finalist projects will receive help to make a prototype or design of the project and present it.
- Final competition: on 16 May, the members of each project will present their business ideas in front of a panel of experts, who will select the two winning projects. The best project will win €2,000 and the best innovative idea will win €1,000.
Those interested can register to attend the programme until 21 January.
Place: Faculty of Science (Board Room)
Date: Tuesday 16, January2024 - 11:00h
Thursday, January 25, 2024
Lecturers Roser Nadal, Silvia Fuentes and Bernat Soler will occupy the expert's seat in this week's Science Carriage, which makes the journey from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, departing at 10:42 am to Plaça Catalunya. You will also find them on the return journey from Plaça Catalunya, departing at 12:28 p.m. until arriving at the university.
Nadal and Fuentes, who hold degrees in Psychology and are lecturers in the Department of Psychobiology and Methodology of Health Sciences, together with Soler, lecturer in the Department of Physics at the UAB, will talk to train passengers about individual differences when confronted with stress.
All three lecturers have participated in the podcasts of the Science Carriage, which can be consulted at this link.
Place: Science Carriage, FGC. UAB-BCN, 10:42 a.m. - BCN-UAB 12:28 h
Date: Thursday 25, January2024 - 10:40h
Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Online session to present different lines of funding for research projects of research groups collaborating with companies.
11:00 a.m. Welcome
11:15 a.m. Presentation of the funding options
12:00 p.m. Question and answer session
12:30 p.m. End of the session
Registration is required to attend.
Place: Online event (via Teams)
Date: Tuesday 30, January2024 - 11:00h
Organiser: Parc de Recerca, UAB
Thursday, February 1, 2024
Lecturers Susanna Subirà and Estel Gelabert will sit in the Science Carriage expert's seat this week on the train going from Barcelona to the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. The train will leave at 11:28 a.m. from Plaça Catalunya. They will also be on the train leaving Sabadell Parc del Nord at 12:27 p.m. and travelling to the UAB.
Lecturers Subirà and Gelabert, both from the Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, will be chatting with train passengers on issures related to perinatal mental health affecting pregnant and post-partum women.
Both lecturers have participated in creating the Science Carriage podcasts, which can be consulted here.
Place: Science Carriage, FGC. UAB-BCN, 11:28 a.m. - Sabadell Parc del Nord-UAB 12:27 p.m.
Date: Thursday 1, February2024 - 11:20h