- UAB Foundation Vocational Training Centre
- UAB Campus, Bellaterra
- Duration: 2 years
- Places: 30 (minimum 22)
Price: Full programme price: 8.345€
First year: 4.695€
Second year: 3.650€
Forma’t al port field training: 260€
Reservation of place: 500€, to be deducted from the registration fee The tuition includes: Insurances, official accreditation in English and French, text books, complementary programmed activities, coordination of work placement and free subscription to Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, Forma’t al port field training (first year).
- Language: 60% Catalan, 25% English, 15% French and Chinese
Academic calendar: Academic calendar 1st year
Academic calendar 2nd year
Timetables: Monday to Friday from 8am to 2.30pm.
First year Timetable
Second year Timetable
- Modality: Classroom-based
The Higher Vocational Training Diploma in International Trade at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona gives professional training to students for planning and managing the introduction and dispatch of goods using the import/export processes in multinational and local companies active in international markets.
This programme is offered by the UAB Foundation at the UAB campus in Bellaterra. It provides students with quality theoretical and practical training, engaging them with a growing economic sector in which solidly trained professionals in international trade and foreign languages are of great value. Hence, an international approach and the study of foreign languages have had a relevant influence in designing the syllabus.
- English and French are studied through activities reflecting real situations in this sector.
- To ensure that students can learn at their own pace, language classes are carried out in groups according to their level of expertise. In case of having a higher language skills compared to the rest of the group, UAB’s Language Services will offer those students a more advanced course.
- Some subjects are taught entirely in English in both the first and second year.
- On completing the course the ACLES-accredited language centre, UAB Languages, will certify the language level achieved by students in line with the equivalent levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- To complete the professional profile as a qualified professional in International Trade a third language is introduced: business Chinese, focussing on cultural aspects, traditions, protocol, customs and the Chinese language with an emphasis on the role of China in global commercial relations today.
- Training in online apps to improve professional prospects and technical competence of our students.
Practical training opportunities in companies specialising in exports opens the door to a future with great possibilities for students in this programme.
The Higher Vocational training qualification in International Trade offers students the opportunity to participate in Forma’t al Port, a project intended to introduce students to professions related to logistics in a maritime and intermodal transport environment in Barcelona’s Port.
- Purchasing department
- International sales department
- Purchase manager
- Sales manager
- International commerce management and administration
- International marketing
- Foreign operations for finance and insurance companies
- International transport logistics
- International transport and logistics services sales
- Logistics operator or coordinator
Practical training is provided by private companies, public entities and organisations and international consultants related to the industrial, commercial and agricultural sectors; logistics and transportation; finance and insurance; commercial companies for the import and export of goods; customs agencies, etc.
The professional training centre aims to train students in becoming multi-skilled and able to work in teams, and to be autonomous and show initiative. Typical applicants will have:
- Interest in learning foreign languages
- Ability for communication and negotiation
- Ability for planning and organising
- Ability to adapt, solve problems and manage change
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability for objective-based tasks and initiative
- Ability to use new technology