Planning and managing the introduction and dispatching of goods in line with the established import and export procedures, and applying the current legislation.
- Carry out the necessary procedures for setting up and starting a commercial company.
- Analyse the information of current international markets to support international buying and selling operations.
- Decide on the entry of a company’s products in a foreign market.
- Draw up a marketing plan.
- Seek and contact clients and international suppliers, managing international trade contracts.
- Manage import and export operations and the introduction and dispatching of goods.
- Manage finance operations in international commerce.
- Organise storage of goods.
- Manage international transportation of goods and/or travellers in different countries and by different means of transport.
- Manage payment collection and payment means and international guarantees on goods and loans.
- Generate safe environments for carrying out individual and team work.
- Supervise and apply procedures for quality control in professional activities.
- Carry out the procedures for the creation and operation of a small company.
Social and personal skills
- Be able to communicate in foreign languages: English and French, fluently in both written and spoken form.
- Understand the protocols, customs and cultural traits that are essential to carrying out commercial activity in China.
- Be able to adapt to new work situations.
- Resolve situations, problems and contingencies using initiative, creativity and autonomy.
- Organise and coordinate working teams responsibly.
- Communicate with peers, superiors, clients and those under you responsibility using effective lines of communication.
For a complete list of the competences involved in the Higher Vocational Diploma in International Trade go to this link.