The Higher Vocational Diploma in International Trade has a duration of two academic years and is structured in modules which are made up of different teaching units (subjects) which aim to provide different basic competences for working in the profession. Some of the modules are taught over the two years of the course
In response to the requirements of Catalan business today the Professional Training Centre of the UAB Foundation places particular emphasis on knowledge of foreign languages.
- English and French are studied through activities reflecting real situations in the sector.
- To ensure that students can learn at their own pace language classes are carried out in groups according to level of knowledge.
- Some subjects are taught entirely in English in both the first and second year.
- On completing the course the ACLES-accredited language centre, UAB Idiomes, will certify the language level achieved by students in line with the equivalent levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) in English and French.
- To complete the professional profile as a qualified professional in International Trade a third language is introduced: business Chinese, focussing on cultural aspects, traditions, protocol, customs and the Chinese language with an emphasis on the role of China in global commercial relations today.