B30 is made up of 23 local councils in a group that has identified the potential of the area and aims to promote its development in a joint strategy between companies, research centres, universities, local councils, business organisations, trade union and governing organisations, acting together to strengthen the industrial and technological region and position it as one with most potential for innovation in Catalonia, Spain and aim to place it among the best in southern Europe.
B30 covers a route of 50km, a surface area of 485km2, a population of 1,018,166, a total of 30,173 companies and 387,478 jobs with 195 industrial estates.
Badia del Vallès, Barberà del Vallès, Castellar del Vallès, Castellbisbal, Cerdanyola del Vallès, el Papiol, Granollers, la Roca del Vallès, Martorell, Mollet del Vallès, Montmeló, Montornès del Vallès, Palau-solità i Plegamans, Parets del Vallès, Polinyà, Ripollet, Rubí, Sabadell, Sant Cugat del Vallès, Sant Quirze del Vallès, Santa Perpètua de Mogoda, Terrassa and Vilanova del Vallès.
In October 2012 the association was constituted and a work plan drawn up.
In order to move its projects forward the association has opted to apply for European funding, the same as the Catalonia Innovation Triangle (CIT), a consortium of the municipalities of Sant Cugat, Rubí and Cerdanyola to promote the area.
The assets of B30 include:
• The Alba Park which contains the synchrotron light laboratory.
• he Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and the UAB research park.
• Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya with its School of Architecture.
• The International University of Catalonia.
• ESDi in Sabadell.
• The Vallès Technology Park, with 150 companies employing 2,910 people.
• The Intermodal Goods Centre, one of four in Catalonia, which helps to improve efficiency in the distribution of goods to the main centres of economic activity.
The B30 has major transport links including the AP-7 and C-58 motorways, Sabadell airport, rail network as well as important infrastructures such as the Mollet de Vallès Institute for Public Safety, the Catalonia Racing Circuit at Montmeló, a large number of hotels and business and the trade fair centres at Sabadell, the Conference centre of the UAB and the Granollers trade fair complex, among many others.