- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 1592/20
- 20th edition
- Modality: Online
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 07/11/2022
- Finish date: 30/06/2025
- Places: 50
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 4200 €
Special price 3780 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Spanish
The master's degree in Applied Social Research Techniques is an inter-university initiative between Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and the University of Barcelona, with the aim of establishing postgraduate studies specialising in advanced research techniques in social sciences and humanities, with an applied, professionally-oriented approach. It is delivered in collaboration with the Professional Association of Political Scientists and Sociologists of Catalonia (COLPIS).
Since 2003, the programme has been completing or complementing undergraduate training in the social sciences and humanities, taking into account the different methodological approaches to social research and offering a methodological and technical grounding in a wide range of procedures for producing, analysing and using social data in research.
- Provide thorough, up-to-date training, both theoretical and applied, in the specialist field of research methods and techniques in the social sciences, for use in social research and in organisation and market studies.
- Probe more deeply into the different methodological approaches in social research (quantitative, qualitative or intervention-based, mixed), regarding the design, analysis and interpretation of data in applied social studies, to meet the needs of companies and institutions in terms of knowledge, planning and action.
- Offer specialist training to help graduates join the labour market, and also continuous professional development for specialists already working in applied social research in businesses and institutions.
Career opportunitiesThis training aims to be open and flexible, general, diverse and inter-disciplinary to cover a great variety of professional opportunities.
The following are among the professional profiles that match the specialized training offered by the TISA Master:
- Social science research analysts
- Human resources managers and analysts
- Marketing and telemarketing operators
- Local and regional development agents
- European project analysts
- Social consultants
- Political consultants
- General public administration analysts
Work placements are considered optional and complementary to the master's programme, and they take place in a company or institution.
The aim of the placements is for students to perform specific social research tasks within a professional framework. At the same time, for some students this is a chance to experience a work environment for the first time.
The time students put in at the company/institution will total a minimum of 100 hours and a maximum of 500, according to a schedule agreed on previously by both parties. The placement begins at the end of the first year of the master's degree.
Wherever possible, given that these are postgraduate students, they will receive some form of financial assistance from the company/institution, as set out in the terms of the agreement.
The master's degree teaching staff and the Association of Political Scientists and Sociologists of Catalonia make use of their network of contacts to ensure that students are offered placements that are tailored to their own interests. The management of placements is one of the Association's main tasks and they are formally confirmed by the signing of an agreement that is arranged with the universities responsible for the master's degree.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information on the possibilities for grants and scholarships in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Instituto de Estudios del Trabajo
Col.legi de Politòlegs i Sociòlegs de Catalunya
Jose Pedro Lopez Roldan