Apply for admission to the programmeThe admission process serves to ensure that all students meet the programme's requirements and thus guarantee an optimal work environment during the course. To apply for admission, you must follow apply: you can do it online or in person, and in both cases you will need to provide the required documents.
In the event of seats remaining once the final date of application is expired, the coordination may prolongue it.
30.21 € (fixed registration fee, non-refundable and not included in the programme price).
If you choose to pay by POS (card) you will need to complete the payment during the application process, inside the application.
Online or in person application
Apply for admission online or in person:
Very important: before registering in the application, you must carefully read the information you will find on this page to have the required documentation ready and confirm that you meet the access requirements, and that the registration process is open.
The application interface will ask you to specify the codes of study and edition of the programme to which you want to enroll. Data from this program are: Study: 1592 and Edition: 21
To fulfill the application you need a NIU (UAB's University Identification Number). Choose the appropriate option for your case:
- Application with NIU: if you are a UAB student and remember your NIU and password (if you have any doubts, please check the Application handbook or the video tutorial below in this page):
- Application without NIU: if you're not a UAB student or can not remember your NIU and password (if you have any doubts, please check the NIU obtention handbook, the Application handbook or the video tutorials below):
If you have any further questions, please check the video tutorials at the bottom of this page.
In person application:
You can come to the User Service Office of the Graduate School (U Building, UAB Campus) from Monday to Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., and on Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Online application tutorial :
Tutorial for the NIU obtention (in Spanish):
from 20/02/2023 to 01/11/2023
- Official Bachelor Degree or comparable
- Academic record
- DNI, NIE, TIE (double-sided scanning) or valid passport
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
This Master's degree is addressed to university graduates seeking to make a career in the field of social research or use the knowledge and tools that it provides in their present work. Therefore, it is specifically addressed to:
- Graduates/holders of pre-EHEA university diplomas wishing to extend or complete their applied social research training as a professional or applied orientation.
- Specialists and other professionals in businesses or institutions who wish to extend or refresh their applied social research skills so as to make use of them in their work context.
The programme is of greatest interest to those with a background in sociology or political science, but the multidisciplinary nature of research methods in social and human sciences means that it is also of interest to those coming from psychology, anthropology, economics, law, communication science, etc., seeking to widen their knowledge of research techniques.
Should the number of applicants be higher than that of places on offer, these will be allocated according to the following criteria.
- Academic transcript (70%)
- Previous training in social research techniques (10%)
- Previous training in sociology and political science (10%)
- Statement of interest (10%)
Notice of admission
The admission resolution will be sent to the e-mail address you specify when you fill the application. In this e-mail you will receive detailed information of the enrolment procedure.
The resolution will not be published on the web. All communication will be via e-mail.
Be sure to check your e-mail spam folder. Sometimes messages are treated as spam.