Hot chocolate to raise funds for childhood cancer research
The UAB participates in the initiative to raise funds for child cancer research “Taca’t pel càncer infantil!” with a Hot Chocolate Drive which will take place on 13 February in different areas of the campus, from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. (from 9:30 am in Sabadell and from 4 p.m. at the Vila Universitària). In commemoration of International Childhood Cancer Day, all money raised will go towards laboratory research at the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu in Barcelona, leader in research projects into childhood cancer.
The UAB was the first university to adhere to this initiative in which many education centres also participate. To be able to hold the drive, the UAB collaborates with Xocolates Torras and catering companies Aramark, Clece, Grup Soteras and Serunion, who have provided the ingredients necessary to offer this solidarity action. The 3,000 hot chocolate servings (some 600 litres) and iced buns will be served by volunteers in 11 different point of the UAB campus for a minimum donation of two euros. All money will be deposited in a moneybox and later transported to the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu in Barcelona.
The hot chocolate drive will take place at the following points:
- Rectorat building: cafeteria entrance hall from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Communications Studies: cafeteria entrance hall from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Medicine: entrance hall from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Veterinary Medicine: cafeteria entrance hall from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Sciences and Biosciences: in front of the pizzeria from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Education and Translation and Interpreting: Rambla Nord near the cafeteria entrance from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Plaça Cívica: in front of the cafeteria from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Arts and Humanities and Psychology: outdoor benches from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Engineering: outdoor patio or end of the entrance hall from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Sabadell: Entrance hall of Planta -1 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Vila Universitària: Frankfurt restaurant of the Vila Universitària from 4 to 8 p.m.
More information: Xocolatada solidària
This information is related to the following SDG
- Good health and well-being