Official Master's Degree in Tourism Management of Cultural Heritage
IntroductionThe university Master’s degree in Tourism Management of Cultural Heritage trains professionals and future professionals in the humanistic areas of the tourist sector, offering added value with knowledge management which will enable improvement, innovation and development of the existing relationship between tourism and cultural heritage in all its aspects: geography, history, literature, language, art, anthropology, sociology, etc.
The university Master’s degree in Tourism Management of Cultural Heritage has a dual pathway:
- Professional and innovative: obligatory work placements are planned to help students to understand the real situation in cultural heritage manage and the needs that exist in the sector. We therefore have contact with a series of companies and institutions, such as the Barcelona Tourism Board, the Institute of Humanities of Barcelona and others.
- Research: this Master’s degree offers access to the PhD in Tourism at the UAB. Students who successfully complete the Master’s degree have a totally innovative view and perspective of what knowledge management is really like.
The theory classes are taught both in and outside the classroom, always bearing in mind the need to see real situations of knowledge management presented by the resources of cultural management. In other words, learning by doing.
In the practical sessions students visit heritage and cultural sites which are particularly linked to tourism management and analyse them.
As part of their tasks of innovation students are required to offer solutions, improvements and new proposals thought the European Live Project which aims to bring students closer to real situations in the sector.
Visits by sector professionals to the classroom is another added value. These professionals come from museums and cultural foundations and companies and offer their experience in terms of business philosophy, mission and values.
- Offer students knowledge and tools necessary for generating added value in tourist-related activities connected with the territory and material and immaterial heritage.
- Facilitate opportunities for students to be in touch with the latest trends in the professional and research field related to cultural tourism.
- Offer professionals and others with an interest in humanistic and tourism topics the knowledge they need to work and carry out research in the area of tourism management of cultural heritage.
- Work in any organisation related with the management and organisation of content needed by different heritage resources in a specific territory.
- Work in institutions and organisations in the area of cultural tourism promotion, understanding the territory and the offer of cultural activities there.
- Work in travel agencies or offices whose main product is cultural tourism and design travel packages from the most general to tailor-made proposals, as well as all kinds of guided cultural visits.
- Design routes for different private companies which connect the area of the humanities with tourism, with special emphasis on the content.
- Work for companies which offer training courses for tourist guides, either on paper or online.
- Work in museums and institutions managing monuments both in terms of content and the organisation of visits.
- Work in consultancies whose primary objective is projects of a cultural heritage nature.
Foreign and exchange students
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 11/01/2019
See the calendar
Non-EU students: € 100/ credit. This includes taxes and student insurance.
10% disc. Alumni Premium
Course ends on 29/05/2020
Contact us for more information, filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail
Master's degree website Official Master's Degree