UAB master's and graduate degrees online fair: last places available!
Would you like to talk directly with the coordinators of the programmes you are interested in and help solve any doubts you may have? From 28 September to 2 October, the UAB master's and graduate degrees will offer almost 50 online information sessions. Sign up now!
- Official UAB
- Credits: 60 ECTS
Course begins on 26/09/2019
Course ends on 03/07/2020
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 04/03/2019
See the calendar
- Places: 25 places
- Price: €5,400 (diploma issuing fees not included)
- Language: Spanish (90%) and English (10%)
- Mode: classroom-based learning
"Gimbernat" School of Nursing and Physiotherapy (affiliated school)
This master's degree aims to train physiotherapists who can efficiently offer the best therapeutic and prevention strategies in all fields belonging to paediatric physiotherapy and for all ages within the 0 to 18 age range: from premature newborns hospitalised in neonatal intensive care units (NICU) to children with psychomotor retardation being cared for at children development and attention centres (CDIAP), as well as schoolchildren with motor disabilities attending ordinary or specialised education centres. At the same time, it aims to train professionals capable of applying clinical research methods.
Career optionsUpon completing this master's degree, you will be prepared to work in any of the following professional areas:
- Healthcare sector: in both public and private institutes and hospital centres containing paediatric physiotherapy units, home-based care programmes, and independent physiotherapy practices.
- Social welfare: in development and attention centres (CDIAP) for children with developmental delays, ages 0 to 6, and associations dedicated to patients with difficulties with mobility and personal autonomy.
- Education: in ordinary and specialised schools and in education services, caring for children with physical disabilities aged 3 to 16/18 years.
- Leisure and sport: providing assessment, supervision and treatments incorporated into sports activities (swimming pools, sports clubs, horseriding centres, adapted sports, etc.).
- Teaching: in university schools, educating in the media, working with public health entities in health promotion and prevention tasks, with professional associations and patient associations.
- Business: conducting surveys for companies manufacturing products related to children's posture, mobility and development. Assessment for families and other professionals (doctors, physiotherapists, teachers, occupational therapists, psychologists, speech therapists, etc.) on the most suitable positioning and movement systems.
- Research: forming part of existing interdisciplinary teams.