UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with directors and coordinators. From the 26th of February to the 1st of March: Registration is open!
You can also send the form on this page to request personalized attention.
- UAB University Master's Degree
- Credits: 90 ECTS credits
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 12/01/2024
See the calendar
- Pre-registration period: Open
- Places: 80 places
Price: €18.46 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding an EU residence permit). 2023/24 Academic year.
€66 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold an EU residence permit). 2023/24 Academic year.
- Language: Catalan (70%) and Spanish (30%)
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Psychology
If you hold a bachelor's degree in Pychology and want to work in the healthcare sector as a general health psychologist, this master's degree in General Health Psychology offered by the UAB Faculty of Psychology aims to provide students with the knowledge needed to acquire the skills and abilities used in psychological research, assessment and interventions related to those aspects helping individuals improve their general state of health in cases in which such activities do not require the attention of other specialists of the clinical psychology profession. We offer you:
- A programme adapted to the sector's professional rules and regulations.
- Problem-based and project-based learning, in addition to other learning methodologies.
- A wide array of work placements including stays in important UAB-affiliated health institutions, as well as other authorised and registered healthcare centres.
The master's degree diploma is the only certificate which professionally accredits graduates as General Health Psychologists and, therefore, those who complete the master's degree are the only ones who can work professionally within the health sector in activities that do not require the attention of specialists in other health professions and/or clinical psychology. In complex or severe cases in which the abilities of the General Health Psychologist are not sufficient and an adequate response cannot be given, a specialist will need to take over the case. In accordance with the legal and general action framework, it is considered that the training of a future General Health Psychologist must be oriented towards consolidated and priority action sectors with specific assistance networks (mental health, intellectually impaired, chronic sickness and ageing, prevention and promotion of health, addictions, etc.), as well as towards the emerging sectors in which relevant contributions can be made, and in which new professional action spaces can be consolidated. Therefore, the main professional options for general health psychologists include:
- Private general health psychologist
- Mental health institutes of the private sector
- Mental health rehabilitation services for adults (day centres)
- Special education centres for children and adolescents
- Centres specialising in eating disorders
- Centres and workshops for people with disabilities and special needs
- Social and health centres and elderly care homes
- Drug addiction rehabilitation centres
- Disease associations
- Health Promotion and Prevention Services
- Private fertility clinics: diagnosis and treatment services for couples with difficulties conceiving
- Maternity and birthing preparation centres and units (obstetrical prophylaxis)
- Social welfare centres for children and adolescents in risk of social exclusion
- Educational action residential centres (Centres Residencials d'Acció Educativa)
- Psychological health services for education centres
- Psychological first aid centres (Primers Auxilis Psicològics)
- Management and health planning services
- Occupational health surveillance services
- Intervention units in times of crises, emergencies and catastrophes
- Housing centres and services for victims of abuse
- Public and private health institutions working on the establishment of health promotion and prevention programmes
- Services for technical assessment (family courtrooms) and forensic psychology report.
- Elite sports centres
- Research: universities and research centres/institutes
- training, teaching and supervising future professionals
- direction, administration and/or management tasks: collaboration in tasks within the health system.