Content Official Master's Degree in Applied Research in Economics and Business
UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with each programme's direction, from the 22th to the 26th of May. Registration is open!
Ideal student profileStudents should have a good command of English, at least level B1 of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, a background in Social Sciences, preferably in Economics and Business, or in engineering, and they should show they have a vocation for applied research in economics and business or economics in public policy. They should be looking for advanced training in setting up and managing businesses and/or in applied economics, as a way of achieving their personal and professional goals, and must be prepared to study intensively over the year.
- Possess and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity for originality in the development and/or application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Student should possess an ability to learn that enables them to continue studying in a manner which is largely self-supervised or independent.
- Students should know how to apply the knowledge acquired and the capacity to solve problesm in new or little-known areas within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts realted to thier area of study.
- Students should be able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of making judgements from information which, being incomplete or limited, include reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgements.
- Students should know how to communicate their conclusions, knowledge and final reasoning that they hold in front of specialist and non-specialist audiences clearly and unambiguously.
- Understand, analyse and evaluate the complexity, functions and main challenges of the current socio-economic and business reality using analytical tools and/or precise methodologies.
- Select and apply different and adequate models and/or theoretical frameworks, methodologies and techniques for scientific research, data sources and IT tools for research applied to business and economics.
- Understand, analyse and evaluate the main scientific advances and existing lines of research in the area of the creation, development and management of businesses and especially small and medium enterprises (SMEs), in order to integrate them in scientific research, projects and/or public or private policy. (Speciality in Research in Entrepreneurship and Management)
- Understand, analyse and evaluate the main scientific advances and existing lines of research in the fields of contemporary applied and public economics in a globalised context in order to integrate this in scientific research, projects and/or public or private policy. (Speciality in Research in Applied Economics)
- Design, plan, realise and defend original scientific research applied to the areas of economics and business and transfer the results obtained to the academic, governmental and /or professional fields.
- Work in international and inter-disciplinary teams.
- Produce and draft projects, technical reports and academic articles in English, making use of the appropriate terminology, argumentation, communication skills and analytical tools for each context, and rigorously evaluate those produced by third parties.
- Analyse, synthesise and critically evaluate a certain matter of scientific interest and/or real problem case, considering its different perspectives and supporting the results and conclusions obtained.
- Generate creative ideas and propose innovative solutions.
- Develop the ability to evaluate sex- and gender-based inequalities and design solutions