Admission Official Master's Degree in Global East Asian Studies
UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with each programme's direction, from the 20th to the 24th of February. Registration is open!
AccessAccess to this master's degree is open to holders of an official bachelor's degree from a Spanish university or from another higher education institution within or outside the European Higher Education Area, provided this gives access to postgraduate studies in the country of issue.
Preference for admission to this Master’s degree will be given to graduates in East Asian Studies, Anthropology, Communication, Economic, Political Science, Law, Philology, Geography, History of Art, History, Humanities, International Relations, Sociology, Translation and Interpreting, or equivalent.
All students must fulfil the following language requirements:
- Catalan: mother tongue or equivalent to level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (for foreign students).
- English: mother tongue or equivalent to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Graduates in any other discipline may be considered for admission if they can accredit a minimum of one year’s professional experience in the field of Eastern Asian studies, politics and international relations, cultural consultancy and management, communication and the cultural and creative industries or geography and the environment.
Students may need to take additional training (maximum of 12 ECTS), which may be enrolled together with the subjects of the master's study plan depending on their previous training and at the proposal of the coordination of the degree, to be carried out from among the following subjects of the Degree in East Asian Studies:
- Applied Economics in East Asia (6 ECTS)
- International Relations in East Asia (6 ECTS)
- National and International Business and Markets in East Asia (6 ECTS)
- Migration and Diasporas in East Asia (6 ECTS)
- Advanced Topics in Art and Popular Culture in East Asia (6 ECTS)
- Gender, Literature and Society in East Asia (6 ECTS)
- East Asian Ethnic Diversity (6 ECTS)