- Official UAB
- Credits: 60 ECTS
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 08/02/2021
See the calendar
- Places: 20 places
Price: €46.11 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
- Language: English (50%) and Spanish (50%)
- Mode: Online
Faculty of Translation and Interpreting
For the 2020/2021 academic year, exceptionally for reasons derived from the epidemic situation caused by COVID-19, the Official Master's Degree in Global Studies of East Asia is being taught in the virtual / online modality. Regarding the 2021/2022 academic year, this master's degree will be offered again in the face-to-face mode.
Working in today's globalised world requires a special type of understanding of the economic, political, cultural and environmental dynamics of the East Asian region (China, Japan, Korea) and how it influences the rest of the world, making this area the most important driving force for globalisation.
The official master's degree in Global East Asian Studies is a pioneering programme in the training of professional experts in the economic, political, cultural and environmental interactions with East Asia (China, Japan, Korea) in this age of globalisation.
- If you are a graduate in the humanities, social sciences or environmental sciences, this master's deree represents an opportunity to put to use your knowledge and skills towards intermediations with East Asia.
- If you are a graduate in East Asian Studies, you will be able to gain more in-depth knowledge in the relations with China, Japan and Korea, and specialise in the influence they have globally.
- One same cross-curricular specialisation and the possibility to prepare your Master Thesis in a professional environment including public institutions, private companies, and NGOs located in Spain and in Asia.
- An interdisciplinary training that prepares you for the international sectors of the professional world, or for the continuation onto PhD programmes offered at a variety of prestigious universities, with classes in English and with no previous language level required in any of the Asian languages.
- With local and Asian experts, and in close collaboration with official international institutions such as Casa Asia (Spain), Confucius Institute Barcelona (China), The Japan Foundation (Japan) and King Sejong Institute Barcelona (South Korea).
Career optionsThe main employment sectors are:
- Specialised economic, political and cultural assessment and consulting services.
- Private businesses, public administrations, civil society organisations and NGOs specialising in international, social and/or environmental issues in East Asia or with interests in the region.
- Cultural and creative industries: Japanese, Korean and Chinese literature; manga, anime and video games; music (K-pop, J-pop) and audiovisual products (cinema, K-drama series, Japanese doramas, Chinese television dramas).
- Contents and services companies working with the East Asian market.
- Companies in the mass media, marketing and information society sectors.
- Entrepreneurship, cultural management, publishing houses and specialised tourism activities.
- Academic study and research centres.
Specific grants for this master's degree
In this website you will find a specific page for the official masters' grants.