- Faculty of Political Science and Sociology
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
- Places: 110
- Admission mark: 7,654
- Price per credit: 17.69 euros
- Language: Catalan (70%), Spanish (20%) and English (10%)
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
Are you eager to better understand the world we live in and improve it? Sociology provides the scientific evidence needed to advance towards more egalitarian societies in a variety of fields (gender, employment, religion, migrations and ethnic minorities, education and sustainable development). The bachelor's degree in Sociology offers you the chance to acquire ample knowledge of the social sciences and a more profound understanding of social structures, sociological theories, and research methodologies and techniques.
There is a need for professionals who can contribute to the comprehension and improvement of globalised and multicultural societies. At the UAB, our sociologists are equipped with the intellectual and practical skills to become these professionals. You will be able to further your expertise through the specialisations in Culture or in Labour and Social Policies, spend part of your studies abroad and participate in international work placements.
Are you looking to transition successfully to the new academic rhythm of university life? We offer all the support and guidance you need thanks to our tutorship programme which will aid you from the beginning to advance at such an important moment of changes and new experiences.
Career optionsGraduates in sociology can find work in both the public and private sector, given that sociology is an essential component of the third sector (foundations, associations, NGOs, etc.). Activities conducted include:
- Opinion polls
- Market research
- Training in organisation and businesses
- Directors and technicians in public projects
- Administration and management of organisations and collective projects
- Industrial and town planning
- Marketing and communication
- Social and cultural media
Studying sociology is like wearing glasses that help you see better everything that surrounds you. However, the price you pay is ending up with an enormous amount of responsibility and social commitment. Hayat Said