- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
- Places: 60
- Admission mark: 5,000
- Price per credit: 17.69 euros
- Language: Catalan (75%) and Spanish (25%)
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
The Bachelor's Degree in Ancient Studies offers a complete and transversal vision of the ancient world, which combines and integrates the study of Classical languages (Latin and Greek), of ancient history and archaeology.
The degree is programmed from the Department of Antiquity and Middle Ages Studies, the ideal academic setting for this type of interdisciplinary studies.
This degree is for you if...
- You consider that to discover the history of a certain period you need information on the customs, culture, literature and languages spoken at the time.
- You are interested in learning about the ideas and behaviour of men and women in antiquity, from the Egyptian civilisation up until the Roman Empire.
- You want direct contact with the professional world thanks to frequent excursions to museums and archaeological sites.
- You would like to acquire experience in companies and public entities through work placements.
- You believe that technological applications are essential for the study and dissemination of the ancient world.
Career optionsGraduates of this bachelor's degree acquire an optimal set of skills for positions requiring a multidisciplinary profile such as the following:
- Private and public learning centres.
- Archives and libraries working with historical documents.
- Museums, art galleries and municipal and regional institutions, in the dissemination and management of cultural and patrimonial aspects.
- Publishing houses for editing, writing and proofreading.
- Cultural tourism companies.
- Companies dedicated to the management of leisure activities.
And more specifically, graduates will be prepared to work as:
- Teachers of Latin, Greek and History.
- Editors of works and series focusing on the ancient world.
- Collaborators in journals dedicated to the ancient world.
- Consultants to media channels.
- Responsible for educational services in museums.
- Cultural manager of public entities with old patrimony.
- Responsible for educational services of archaeological sites.
- Responsible for dissemination services of a cultural entity.
- Exhibitions commissioner.
- Responsible for dissemination tasks.
- Cultural projects coordinator.
- Documentation services professional.
- Historian specialising in the ancient world.
- Collaborations with archaeological dig companies.
I find it incredible to be able to learn such ancient languages. The Greco-Roman culture, language and architecture fascinate me. Laura Collados