The governing bodies of the Department of Geography are: the Department Council, the Executive Committee and the Management Committee. The powers and composition of each body can be consulted in the Regulations of the Department of Geography approved by the agreement of the Governing Council of March 9, 2005.
Department Council is the collegiate governing body of the department and is chaired by the Director of the Department. It currently meets in regular session on a bimonthly basis.
The executive committee of the Department of Geography is the delegate committee of the Department Council and is the ordinary governing body of management. This committee consists of the following members:
- Director of the department: Anna Badia Perpinyà
- Secretary of the department: Ana Vera Martín
- Degrees coordinator: Àngel Cebollada Frontera
- Master's degrees coordinator: Jordi Nadal Tersa
- Dissemination and students coordinator: Joan Carles Llurdés Coit
- Responsible for economic affairs: Montserrat Izquierdo González
- PhD in Geography coordinator: Antònia Casellas Puigdemasa
- Research and transfer coordinator: Abel Albet Mas
- DAG coordinator: Miguel Solana Solana
The Management Committee, chosen by the Department Council, is made up of the persons holding the positions of director and secretary, as well as the persons acting as coordinators of the different areas.