Credits allocated in recognition of extra-curricular activities
In the UAB there are different organisations and programmes in the involvement area with volunteer work, cooperation and student representation and cultural activitites, that you can get recognised as academic credits.
Fundació Autònoma Solidària (FAS)
FAS is an organisation contributing to make the university more supportive with a greater commitment to the social situation, through voluntary participation by the university community. It organises activities to promote social transformation.
You can visit the FAS website to see which are the activities they are organising.
Observatory for Equality
The Observatory for Equality studies and diagnoses inequalities in the university and makes proposals to correct them. One of its main tasks is to raise awareness on this subject. It organises different activities promoting awareness and participation in the community to create a more inclusive university.
You will find more information on their activities in the Observatory webiste.
Cultura en Viu
This is the UAB programme for cultural production, creation and promotion. It intends to provide academic support and provision the university community needs. Their activities are focused on promoting creativity, development of a critical viewpoint and approaching the artistic management and creation processes.
Join the teams and get more information regarding the activities organised by Cultura en Viu.
The main goal of this programme is to encourage the participation beyond the classroom, giving advantage to the development and consolidation of the associations’ network and giving support to the students’ representation. In addition, they develop a stable schedule to involve the community through activities regarding internationalization and network creation.
You can find more information regarding the activities they organise in the Dinamización Comunitaria website.
Servei d'Activitat FŪsica (SAF)
The Servei d'Activitat Física (SAF) manages the UAB sport facilites and organises and promotes the practice of the physical activity in the university.
SAF offers courses on health and physical activity, you will find more information on the SAF website.
You can check the charts of equivalence to level B1 or above of the language certificates and diplomas of third languages recognition (English, French, German and Italian) approved by the Junta del Consell Interuniversitari de Catalunya, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). On the other hand, if you didn't get a certificate, you will need to do a level test.
As long as the subject or activity is not included in a degree oriented to teach that language or in a language minor, you will be able to get recognised the following:
- A stay in a foreign university while participating in a mobility programme, taking a minimum of 30 credits in English.
- Passing subjects in English included in the curriculum of the UAB studies.
- Language courses by the Servei de Llengües.
- Passing level tests at the Servei de Llengües.
- Courses by institutions recognised by the UAB. Find them in annex 10 of the following regulation.
- Equivalent courses and diplomas that appear in the language certificate chart annually published by the l'Agència de Gestió d'Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca.
RECOGNISING OTHER LANGUAGUES AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
- Sign language and braille courses, passed in recognised institutions by the Education authorities. You will get 1.5 credits for each level passed.
RECOGNISING OTHER FOREIGN LANGUAGES
- Stay in a foreign university while participating in a mobility programme, taking a minimum of 30 credits in other foreign languages.
- Educational activities in other foreign languages will get the same credit recognition as the English language ones, as long as the said language is the same that you took as a foreign language in the PAU tests (University Access Tests).
- Educational activities in a different language from the one you were assessed in PAU tests, will have up to 3 credits recognition per level, according to the level chart by UAB Servei de Llengües and counting from level 1 of this chart.