Official Master's Degree in Applied Research in Economics and Business
This master's degree has been awarded the new distinction as an International Master's Programme (IMP) by the Government of Catalonia.
The master's degree in Applied Research in Economics and Business aims to provide an advanced education in terms of concepts and of methodology. It is addressed to students with an academic, professional and - fundamentally - research-oriented interest in the field of business creation and management, especially small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and applied economics.
Students of this degree will be trained to analyse, investigate and understand the complexities of business and the functioning of the economy in general. They can then go on to further develop the analytical and methodological skills acquired on the master's degree, mainly in academic research (a subsequent PhD programme) or alternatively in applied research or analysis activities in businesses (business creation and management), public administration (economic policy) or other institutions.
- Business research both in the public sector (technical or managerial posts in local, regional or national authorities) and in the private sector (businesses, financial institutions or economic and business consultancies).
- National and international bodies making studies and reports on economic and/or business matters.
- An academic career through research leading to a PhD on a programme at the UAB or another university in Spain or abroad.
- Social agents like chambers of commerce, economic and business promotion activities, business associations or trade unions.
- NGOs and/or businesses engaged in projects of cooperation for development, community or immigrant entrepreneurship, etc., usually with support from governments and national and international organisations.
Credits: 60 ECTS credits
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 10/01/2020
See the calendar
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2019/20 Academic year.
Contact us for more information, filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail
Master's degree website http://pagines.uab.cat/mareb/