Master's Degree in Pediatric Infectious Diseases
IntroductionThis is a classroom-based master's degree for professional specialisation, taught over one year. It is delivered jointly by the Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunodeficiency Unit, the Microbiology Service and the Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology Service of Vall d'Hebron University Hospital. It consists of 70 ECTS credits in 6 modules of 10 credits each. The six modules devote around 40% of their time to classwork: seminars, lectures and individualised teaching, another 40% to clinical placements and 20% to individual work, based on the teaching material given out at the start of the year and also on the topics dealt with in everyday clinical work. Students also have to attend several courses and write a Master's Dissertation that counts for 10 ECTS, tutored by a lecturer on the programme.
The programme offers:
- Multidisciplinary teaching, combining pediatrics, infectology, microbiology, preventive medicine and epidemiology.
- Learning about consultancy in infectious pathology of critical, immunodepressed patients (with primary immunodeficiencies, receivers of solid organ transplants or hematopoietic progenitors, hemato-oncological patients and HIV-infected patients), which is essential in modern consultancy.
- Optimal handling of complex, pediatric infectious pathology originating in the community.
- Clinical placements in a third-level pediatric centre with 250 beds.
ObjectivesSpecialisation in Pediatric Infectious Diseases: state-of-the-art theoretical and practical training in the field of pediatric infectious diseases.
- Degree in medicine and surgery
- You must submit an authorised certificate and academic transcript.
- Brief CV.
Professional competence to work in a specialised pediatric infectious diseases unit at the third level.
Ana Gibaja Guzmán
UAB-specific Master's Degree10% discount Alumni Premium
Location: Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron. Pg. Vall d'Hebron, 119-129, 08035 Barcelona. Drassanes - HUVH
Dates: from 21/01/2019 to 21/12/2019
Departamento de Pediatría, de Obstetricia y Ginecología y de Medicina Preventiva y Salud Pública
Departamento de Genética y Microbiología
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.