UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Informative sessions with each programme's direction. From the 2nd to the 6th of October: Registration is open!
- UAB Specialisation Course
- Code: 2928/20
- 20th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 15 ECTS
- Start date: 18/09/2023
- Finish date: 27/10/2023
- Places: 25
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 1720 €
Special price 1634 €
Group of application:
Special price 1668 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Catalan (50%), Spanish (30%), English (20%)
The course Basic Training and Canine Education is taught by instructors with over 30 years' experience in the sector, and it offers an introduction to the training of working dogs.
This course gives you prior access to the graduate diploma in Canine Unit Instruction.
It also allows you to gain accreditation for working in specialist centres, which are governed in Catalonia by Law 19/2009 on public access for persons accompanied by assistance dogs, and by Order ASC/573/2010, which partially implements Law 19/2009, and governs the accreditation of dog training centres and owner-dog pairs.
- To offer training in the essentials of canine education.
- To train through the use of learning techniques.
- To modify unacceptable behaviour in dogs and achieve sociability.
- To introduce students to specific training.
- To prepare for taking the graduate diploma in Canine Unit Instruction.
- This course forms part of an itinerary that consists of three levels: introduction, specialisation and graduate diploma.
- It provides a grounding in theory, practical exercises in the field, and the study of cases and mediation in real time.
ContentsTraining adapted to accreditation to work in specialized centres, which in Catalonia are regulated by Law 19/2009 of 26 November on access for persons accompanied by guide dogs, and Order ASC/573/2010, of 3 December, partially developing Law 19/2009, of 26 November, regulating accreditation of training centres, guide dogs and dog-owner units.
In addition the course is also adapted to the publication of professional qualifications, and the Units of Competence for the National Institute for Qualifications (INCUAL): Professional Qualification in Basic Canine Training and Education, the Professional Family: Security and Environment (competence level 2) for the occupations of: Dog Trainer-Educator, assistant in dog adoption centres, assistant in dogs homes, assistant in pet shops which sell dogs, Assistant in Kennels.
Training is completed by participation in classes on Maintenance of Working Dogs. First Aid (20 hours) and Training Techniques. Basic Principles (25 hours) and Postgraduate Course in Instruction of Working Dog Units.
The combination of theory and practice taught by serving professionals who work with dogs gives added value to these university studies.Judit Baeza
Scholarships and financial aid
At the UAB grants' website you will find information on financial aids, grants, competitions, prizes and subsidies for the university community.
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
FUAB Formación. Prevención y Seguridad Integral