- Official UAB
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Course begins on 14/10/2021
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 01/02/2022
See the calendar
- Pre-registration period: Closed
- Places: 50 places
Price: Specialization in Interpretation of Early Music
€27.67 per credit (official price) + €19,13 per credit (ESMUC specific academic services) (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2021/22 Academic year.
€100 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2021/22 Academic year.
Specialization in Musicology and Musical Education Research
€27.67 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2021/22 Academic year.
€66 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2021/22 Academic year.
- Language: Catalan and Spanish.
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
Are you interested in research into musical education and the new challengesv surfacing in the field? Would you like to master your interpretation skills in early music, based on historically correct criteria? This master's degree programme is the only one to exist in a Spanish public university that offers both specialisations, research and interpretation, from a crosscurricular and interdisciplinary appoach.
Lecturers in Musicology, Education Sciences and the music academy ESMUC, in addition to visiting lecturers, specialists in this field, offer you advanced training in these areas. The specialisation in Musicology and Musical Education Research aims to provide flexible and cutting-edge research tools and methodologies, with contents covering a diversity of aspects of historical musicology, ethnomusicology and musical education and teaching. The specialisation in Early Music is focused on providing elements, criteria and resources for the mastering of musical techniques and the interpretation of historical repertoires with the use of theoretical-analytical tools and specific practices applied to the treatment of aspects related to notation, sources, musical analysis, and the teaching of instruments.
Professional career options mainly include:
- Centres and institutions related to the promotion and management of musical activities.
- Musical assessment and classes in educational resource centres, cultural and educational centres, auditoriums and theatres.
- Early Music ensembles, and training of soloists and musicians in specialist orchestras.
- Research institutions and research projects on musicology.
- Research institutions and research projects on music education.
- Archiving and technological processing of musical sources (digital humanities).
Faculty of Educaction
Higher School of Music of Catalonia (ESMUC)