Official Master's Degree in Musicology, Musical Education and Interpretation of Early Music
Research in the fields of musicology and musical education today faces new challenges due to the profound changes taking place in the population's habits and tastes in music.
The focus has moved from the works and biographies of certain musical figures to new areas of inquiry that range from the world's huge musical diversity (with its corresponding cultural and social patterns) to the questions posed by the intensity and complexity of musical activity in human life.
The Master's Degree in Musicology, Musical Education and Interpretation of Early Music aims principally to equip its students to conduct research in musicology and musical education. The master's programme also includes a specialisation in interpretation that is strategically centred around the early music sector, in which the two institutions responsible for the degree (the UAB and the Higher School of Music of Catalonia) stand out for their excellence and their importance within the current European context.
Professional career options mainly include:
1) Centres and institutions related to the promotion and management of musical activities.
2) Musical assessment and classes in educational resource centres, cultural and educational centres, auditoriums and theatres.
3) Early Music ensembles, and training of soloists and musicians in specialist orchestras.
4) Research institutions and research projects on musicology.
5) Research institutions and research projects on music education.
6) Archiving and technological processing of musical sources.
Mornings and afternoons.
Foreign and exchange students
Part-time or full-time: Full-time.
Credits: 60 ECTS
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 11/01/2019
See the calendar
€65.87 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2018/19 Academic year.
€100 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2018/19 Academic year.
Specialization in Musicology and Musical Education Research
€46.11 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2018/19 Academic year.
€66 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2018/19 Academic year.
Faculty of Educaction
Higher School of Music of Catalonia (ESMUC)
Contact us for more information, filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail