Online Fair of UAB Master's and Graduate Degrees
Information sessions will be offered online from 22 to 26 February: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of the master's degree or graduate programme. Check the sessions scheduled and sign up for the ones you are interested in!
- Official UAB
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Course begins on 05/10/2020
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 11/01/2021
See the calendar
- Places: 30 places
Price: €46.11 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
€66 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2020/21 Academic year.
- Language: Spanish (80%), Catalan (15%) and English (5%)
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
The UAB official master's degree in Anthropology is based on the study and analysis of modern social and cultural phenomena and problems from a critical viewpoint that takes into consideration the cultural complexity and diversity of the world we live in.
The lecturing staff's main concern is to help you acquire critical thinking strategies regarding the variety of forms of social organisation, inequalities and ethnical, class, gender and age identities, in their multiple manifestations in time and space.
This master's degree stands out against other for the practical training in ethnographic research and applied to other cultures, and in the management of interculturality as a means to face the challenges of a globalised world.
The programme is addressed to students with a degree in social sciences or the humanities, and graduates from other degrees with an interest in cultural diversity, transcultural comparison, social intervention and intercultural relations.
Career optionsCareer options include the following.
- Research and teaching in universities and research centres.
- Technical consultancy, design, evaluation, implementation and intervention in social and cultural public administration policies in several areas: health, immigration, education, urban space, minorities, social groups, among others.
- Local and community development: consultancy, public administration, cooperation agencies, NGOs, international organisations, etc.
- Consultancy with businesses and institutions in areas related to multiculturalism and diversity management.