UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with each programme's direction, from the 22th to the 26th of May. Registration is open!
- UAB University Master's Degree
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Course begins on 02/10/2023
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 13/01/2023
See the calendar
- Pre-registration period: Open
- Places: 30 places
Price: €27.67 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding an EU residence permit). 2022/23 Academic year.
€66 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold an EU residence permit). 2023/24 Academic year.
- Language: Spanish (80%), Catalan (15%) and English (5%)
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
The master’s degree in Anthropology: Advanced Research and Social Intervention is an official University Master’s Degree that has the objective of providing the training needed to acquire the latest tools in research, qualitative methodologies applied to the social sciences, and transcultural comparisons, as well as training in social intervention within contexts of cultural diversity, the environment and health. Students can choose from two different specialisations: ethnographic and transcultural research (E1) and sociocultural and environmental intervention (E2).
The programme guarantees top-level training with renowned experts in the subjects offered, with years of academic and research experience. It is the only university master’s degree in Catalonia to offer an innovative vision of the discipline, and incorporates cutting-edge qualitative methodologies and techniques applied to social research. It pioneers the field by offering two different itineraries and the option of enrolling in external work placements to conduct social interventions in entities collaborating with the master’s degree. In addition, students are equipped with the skills needed to form part of interdisciplinary teams prepared to take on the complexity of the problems existing in today’s world.
Career optionsCareer options include the following.
- Research and teaching in universities and research centres.
- Technical consultancy, design, evaluation, implementation and intervention in social and cultural public administration policies in several areas: health, immigration, education, urban space, minorities, social groups, among others.
- Local and community development: consultancy, public administration, cooperation agencies, NGOs, international organisations, etc.
- Consultancy with businesses and institutions in areas related to multiculturalism and diversity management.