Admission Official Master's Degree in Anthropology: Advanced Research and Social Intervention
AccessAccess to this master's degree is open to holders of an official bachelor's degree from a Spanish university or from another higher education institution within or outside the European Higher Education Area, provided this gives access to postgraduate studies in the country of issue.
Selection criteriaIf the number of applications exceeds the places available, these will be allocated according to the following criteria:
- Curriculum Vitae. Special attention will be given to training in Social and Cultural Anthropology, Ethnology, or equivalent. 30%.
- Academic transcript and grade point average. 40%.
- A cover letter explaining candidate's interests and projects. 20%.
- Certified knowledge of English equivalent to Level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. 10%.
Newly-arrived UAB students with a background in another discipline and insufficient previous knowledge of anthropology are offered bridging courses (6 ECTS credits, 40 hours, on site), which are taught by lecturers from the master's degree programme before classes begin, in the second half of September. The content is that of the following course within the bachelor's degree in Social and Cultural Anthropology:
- 101278 Basic Concepts. Anthropological Perspectives on Difference and Inequality