University Master's Degree in Zoonoses and One Health

Training multidisciplinary health professionals ready to handle the highly complex challenges of the 21st century  

Enrolment Official Master's Degree in Zoonoses and One Health

UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes

Informative sessions with directors and coordinators. From the 26th of February to the 1st of March: Registration is open!

You can also send the form on this page to request personalized attention.

New master's degree students

2 types of enrolment:

1. Automatrícula (distance registration from home). This is the preferred enrolment way.

2. Face-to-face enrolment in Academic Management. To make it, it is essential to make an appointment (it can be requested 15 days in advance).

 Enrolment calendar

  1. July: (online registration) 
  2. September: (face-to-face registration and automatrícula online – from home-)

For any particularity related to the enrolment dates, it is important to contact the Academic Management in advance (

In order to enroll, all access documentation must be submitted (including legalization). You can advance it by email and when you come to the Faculty you must present the originals

Steps to follow to enrol:


  1. Review the steps to follow in the enrolment procedure on the UAB website
  2. Verification of the documentation that gives access to the master

From Academic Management we will verify if you have submitted all the necessary documentation, informing you in a personalized way. In the event that we have all the documentation, we will give you an appointment so that you can register online.

a) If you have preregistered in the master without having completed the degree (conditionally admitted to obtaining the diploma). Before the enrolment you should send a scanned copy of the diploma or certificate certifying that you’re graduate. The scan must clear, allowing the document to be reviewed in detail.     

b) If the diploma is issued by a country outside the European Union, you should provide copies of documents are authenticated (through diplomatic channels or apostille of Hague Convention) by e-mail prior to enrolment.     


If you do self-enrolment from home:

When you join the UAB in person (October 2024), you must present all the access documentation to the original master's degree (with original signatures and stamps), in order to be able to contrast it with the one you have provided at the time of pre-registration.

The documentation must be legalized if it is issued by a country that does not belong to the European Union.

If the access documentation allows online verification (by signing with a recognized digital certificate and / or CSV code), it is not necessary to provide the originals).

Enrolment will be conditional on verifying all the documentation that you have provided scanned at the time of pre-registration and admission.

If you enroll face to face:

At the time of registration, you must bring the documentation for verification.

  1. Pre-enrolment interview with the master's coordinator.

In case you want make part time enrolment, you have to get in touch with the coordinator of the Master, Dra. Laila Darwich ( by e-mail, to review the subjects you enrol (signing the registration form). You have to send to her this form completed. This document is required to enrol, the coordinator for us to send it directly after the interview. If you will enroll all the subjects of the master you must send us the application form filled and signed by the student through

  1. Self-enrolment appointment

If everything is correct, from Academic Management we will give you access to self-enroll.



  1. Have on hand the number NIU + password with which you have recorded the pre - registration application in the master. If you do not remember, the information is available on the web - Password Management.
  2. Have your bank details (bank account or card) at hand and decide how you want to pay tuition. See all the payment methods of the registration . We highlight the following:
  •  Charge to bank account: if this form of payment is used, you can pay the registration in one or three instalments. IMPORTANT: you can only pay the registration with an account of the Spanish state or located in the SEPA space (European Union, Andorra, Vatican City, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland). If you’re non - EU student cannot s pay tuition to a bank account outside the European Union or SEPA Space.
  •  Credit or debit card: (recommended by non-EU students). It involves paying all the tuition at once (1 term). IMPORTANT!! Check the limit to pay by credit card.
  •  If you’re beneficiarie of a scholarship that will carry with the cost of your tuition (for example: PRONABEC, Becal, CEIBA ...) should have to get in touch with us ( before enroling and we will explain you how to proceed.  
  1.       Connect to the registration application. Registration form and academic record  --   Self-registration of other undergraduates and master's degree students

 You must go forward in the different tabs, and answer the enrolment survey displayed.

To consider for the self-enrolment:

  • We recommend taking out the complementary insurance offered by the UAB (4,48€). You can hire it at the same time of registration. In case of not hiring it, you must provide original and a photocopy of an insurance policy that covers medical care, accidents, and civil liability in Spain
  • Students entering with a foreign qualification must select the study fee / equivalence of foreign qualifications (218.15€) in the enrolment.


Do the registration at Academic Management day and time you have booked through the appointment (between September 13th and 30th). You can request an appointment 15 days in advance. In this case, you should provide all required documentation in person.


Once enroled, you must collect the student folder, the agenda and the Security Glasses at the Faculty Logistics Information and Support Point (concierge) (Faculty entrance).

Finally, you must manage the student card. You can consult the instructions on how to do it on our website. It is not necessary to submit a printed photograph to process the student card. Students with a valid UAB card do not need to renew it.

UAB students

  1. Should retake the interview with the coordinator to of the master. You must get in touch with , sending a completed registration form.
  2. The coordinator will review the subjects that you will enrol (signing the registration form digitally). This document is required to registration. The coordinator will send it directly to the Academic Administration after the interview.
  3. For non-EU foreign students: you must provide an original and a photocopy of the current TIE (foreigner identification card). If you still do not have the TIE, you must provide the passport and the photocopy of the TIE application. You have a maximum period of three months from the moment of registration to deliver the document.
  4. You have to do automatrícula (self-enrolment from home). Contact Academic Management and will provide day and time for do it ( .

 If you want to formalize part-time enrolment:

If you decide not to enrol in an entire course, you can apply for the part-time enrolment scheme. The authorization is automatic and it is not necessary to provide supporting documentation.


Important notices

The enrolment will be conditioned to verify all the documentation provided: the first day you come to the UAB you must bring us all the original documentation.

If you have any questions or inquiries, please s to contact:


Important information for all students with a right to exemption from paying enrolment fees or to a reduced fee:

To formalise registration where there is a fees exemption or discount, you must send the accrediting documentation by the means indicated on the web file of your Master’s degree (email, documentation form, or others).

When do documents need to be sent to justify paying a reduced fee or for a fee exemption?

  • If UAB already has up-to-date versions of these documents, there is no need to send them again (for example, if they were submitted in a previous year).
  • If UAB has the documents but these are not up to date, they do need to be sent in, except for large-family cards issued in Catalonia.
  • In all other cases, you need to send in the documents justifying a fee reduction or exemption to your Academic Management office.

Afterwards, you must present the original or an authorised copy in person or by certified mail to your Academic Management Office before 7 November. Applicants who do not present the original documents by this date the registration fees will be modified and the corresponding amount charged.

Deadline for submitting documents

  • The accrediting documents for exemption or reduction of fees must be emailed in advance of registration and the originals or attested copies delivered to the Academic Management before 7 November.
  • All other documents (SEPA documents, access documents not submitted previously, insurance for students over the age of 28, etc.): The deadline for submitting the documents to the Academic Management is 15 December 2023.

If you are a new university entrant:

1. Contact your Master's degree coordinator or follow the instructions from your Academic Management to arrange your pre-registration tutorial.

2. ID document:

  • Students with a Spanish DNI: this does not need to be sent to the Academic Management.  It still needs to be shown for identification purposes when carrying out formalities in person.
  • Students of the European Union: after registration the original and a photocopy of the student’s passport or identification document of the student’s country, which is valid at the time of registration, must be presented to the Academic Management Office (attested photocopy or send it by post).
  • Foreign students not from the European Union: after enrolling, take the original and a photocopy of your Foreigner's Identity Card (TIE) to the Academic Management, or send in an attested photocopy by post. Students who have not yet obtained the TIE have a maximum of three months from the date of registration to present the document.
  • Foreign students residing in an EU country need to email their NIE to the Academic Management before enrolling, to be kept on record. Remember that the permission to stay in Spain granted to foreign students is not the same as a residency permit. Students with a residency permit will be exempt from the fee for non-EU students.

3. SEPA direct debit order: To pay the enrolment fees by direct debit, you will need to fill in, print, sign and send the corresponding form to your faculty's Academic Management office, after enrolling. The bank details must include the IBAN and BIC codes if the bank is not present in Spain. Only accounts in banks located in the EU, Andorra, the Vatican, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland are accepted.

Registration fees can also be paid by credit or debit card but, in this case, payment has to be made in a single instalment. Students who have applied for a grant must pay the registration fees by direct debit, so that the grant amount can be refunded where appropriate.

4. Qualifications for admission: Before15 December, you need to provide the Academic Management with the original and a photocopy of the degree certificate that qualifies you to join this Master’s degree programme, or an official document certifying that your degree has been awarded. Alternatively, you can send in an attested photocopy by post.

5. Transcript: This document can be emailed in digital format, provided it has a secure verification code (SVC), or else it can be sent in by post or handed in at the Academic Management office before 15 December. The transcript for the studies that qualify you to join this Master’s degree must include the academic years corresponding to the programme, the courses taken, the credits obtained and the grades obtained.

Students abroad can send in attested or legalised copies of the documents, and the corresponding translations, where appropriate, by post or messaging service, addressed to the Academic Management offices.

6. If you are 28 or older, you will need to present the original and a copy of a health, accident and civil liability insurance policy that is valid in Spain. For this purpose, when enrolling, you can take out the complementary insurance offered by UAB.

7. Social Security affiliation number. During the registration process you can fill in the box NUSS (Social Security affiliation number). It is no essential to fill in this box nor to present any documents. However, this information will be required by the Academic Management Office before you do any work placements.

8. In certain subjects or bachelor's degrees, it is compulsory to take out the complementary insurance, which will already be pre-selected on the enrolment form.

9. Documents in support of a fee reduction or exemption

Information on discounts on enrolment fees.


Conditions applicable for 2023/2024 academic year Supporting documents
Membership of a large family as certified by the Generalitat de Catalunya If you were granted a large-family reduction when enrolling last year, there is no need to submit any document.
If you do not have a valid large-family card when you register, you have ten days to update it and inform your faculty’s Academic Management office before you register.
Large-family card issued by other autonomous communities Valid large-family card or certificate
If you do not have a valid large-family card when you register, you have ten days to update it and inform your faculty’s Academic Management office before you register.
Discapacitat  reconeguda del 33% o superior One of the following credentials: disability certificate issued or validated by the Department for Work, Social Welfare and Family, resolution or certificate issued by INSS or the competent authority in the corresponding autonomous community or any other specified in Article 2 of Royal Decree 1414/2006.
If you were granted this reduction when enrolling last year, and the document is still valid, there is no need to submit any document: it is only necessary If you have had to renew it.
Victims of acts of terrorism (plus their children and spouses) Administrative resolution.
If you were granted this reduction when enrolling last year, there is no need to submit any document.
Victims of male violence in an intimate partnership (plus their dependent children) (*) The Llibre de Família family register in the case of dependent children up to the age of 21, or a certificate of cohabitation (convivència) for the family unit in the case of children over 21.
One of the following supporting documents: a judgement of conviction; a protection order; any other judicial decision to grant a precautionary measure in the victim's favour; a report from the public prosecutor or the Labour and Social Security Inspectorate; a report or certificate showing that the applicant is receiving assistance as a victim of gender violence, issued by a public administration agency — Social Services, Male- and Family‑Violence Unit of the Directorate General for Families of the Catalan Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families, Specialist Intervention Services (SIE), Information and Assistance Services for Women (SIAD), Crime Victims' Assistance Office, or sheltered accommodation — or by an entity providing assistance to women victims  of male violence in an intimate partnership that is funded by a specific public administration body. * (See further details).
If you were granted this reduction when enrolling last year, and the document is still valid, there is no need to submit any document. For periods of validity, see the section Deductions.

9. If your enrolment is to be done in person and you are unable to come, you need to authorise someone else to do it for you, in writing. The authorisation must contain your personal data and signature.

10. If you have a Master's degree from another university, you need to submit the transcript and an attested copy of the degree certificate.

If your qualification for joining this master's degree programme is a degree from a university abroad, you should keep the following in mind.

Degree certificates and transcripts issued by European Union institutions, by signatory countries of the Agreement on the European Economic Area, and by Switzerland must be official and issued by the competent authorities.

Degree certificates and transcripts issued by non-European Union institutions must be official, issued by the competent authorities and legalised diplomatically or, where applicable, through the Hague Convention Apostille or the Andrés Bello Agreement.

Translation of documents issued abroad

All documents in Catalan, Spanish or English are admissible. To translate documents in French, Italian or Portuguese, you may use the UAB Language Service (Servei de Llengües). In this case, you are responsible for the arrangements and costs involved. In all other cases, you need to attach the corresponding translation into Catalan, Spanish or English produced by a sworn translator, by any Spanish diplomatic or consular mission abroad, or by your own country's diplomatic or consular mission in Spain.

If you have already enrolled in previous academic years: 

Contact your Master’s degree coordinator or follow the instructions from your Academic Management to arrange your pre-registration tutorial.

If you want to enrol part-time:

If you decide not to enrol for a whole academic year, you can opt for part-time registration. This is authorised automatically and no supporting documents are required.


€27.67 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding an EU residence permit). 2023/24 Academic year.
€82 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold an EU residence permit). 2023/24 Academic year.